Image Map Image Map

Thread: Posting this from an InfoWindow 3153 terminal

Default Posting this from an InfoWindow 3153 terminal

Just wanted to make a post. My InfoWindow 2 3153 terminal is hooked up to a Pentium 3 and on the internet, that's where I'm currently writing this. I need to experiment a lot more but it's working well so far, especially for a "broken" terminal

Groovy.

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    Just wanted to make a post. My InfoWindow 2 3153 terminal is hooked up to a Pentium 3 and on the internet, that's where I'm currently writing this. I need to experiment a lot more but it's working well so far, especially for a "broken" terminal
    Like gold dust to the early RS/6000 enthusiasts. I have one too, lovely little terminal with multi-page and dual session capabilities, as well as various emulations. I have the manual if you need any info.

Quote Originally Posted by WBST View Post
    Like gold dust to the early RS/6000 enthusiasts. I have one too, lovely little terminal with multi-page and dual session capabilities, as well as various emulations. I have the manual if you need any info.
    The only thing I really need to figure out is how to take it apart and replace that soldered battery! I'm thinking of using a cr2032 and running wires out to someplace easily accessible. Maybe glue it on that shield towards the rear of the terminal

For CMOS RTC/CMOS clock chips I bought a couple like this:
    https://www.pcboard.ca/dual-cr2032-b...-on-off-switch
    Two CR2032 cells make for 6V DC, which is usual for older equipment (i.e. 5V logic).
    There's a tiny plastic OFF switch on the flat side.

Thanks for the link, I'll grab one of those.

Blog Entries

Nice! You should post pictures of the terminal and the screen over at the IBM 3153 page at the Terminals wiki: http://terminals-wiki.org/wiki/index.php/IBM_3153
    Torfinn