Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cromemco CS-1 S-100 System RDU NC $Free to good home

Default Cromemco CS-1 S-100 System RDU NC $Free to good home

Cromemco CS-1 S-100 system with some manuals. Can't find the software I thought I had after two moves. System used to boot up but I have no way of testing anymore as I am lacking terminals or a working serial cables for the new laptop. Can't find the power cord anymore either, darn meddling kids!

Free in RDU NC area as I am trying to avoid dumpstering it. Has ZPU, memory, serial card and I think a 64FDC but may be a 16FDC, two 5-1/4 drives. As-is where is, what you see is what you get.

Heavy. Really heavy. Hurt yourself heavy.

Help me Vintage Computer Forum, you are our only hope.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,

Just asking are you willing to ship?

Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by LesBaer45 View Post
    Cromemco CS-1 S-100 system with some manuals. Can't find the software I thought I had after two moves. System used to boot up but I have no way of testing anymore as I am lacking terminals or a working serial cables for the new laptop. Can't find the power cord anymore either, darn meddling kids!

Free in RDU NC area as I am trying to avoid dumpstering it. Has ZPU, memory, serial card and I think a 64FDC but may be a 16FDC, two 5-1/4 drives. As-is where is, what you see is what you get.

Heavy. Really heavy. Hurt yourself heavy.

Help me Vintage Computer Forum, you are our only hope.
    Nice system, and manuals too. Somebody save it.

Quote Originally Posted by baviles13 View Post
    Hi,

Just asking are you willing to ship?

Bobby

Assuming it doesn't go locally, I'd consider it yes. Obviously it won't be cheap, if someone can point me to a place or service that is acceptable as far as rates go I'd do that. I have not weighed "the package" so currently have no idea of total weight.

I only seem reluctant because the last time I sent something weighing more than a manual or small part it got expensive fast when the weight goes up the rates go up just as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by WBST View Post
    Nice system, and manuals too. Somebody save it.
    I wish I were closer. It's just too long a drive from New York.

I am currently downsizing myself, but please consider shipping this museum piece to someone willing to pay shipping. I personally use Parcelmonkey.com which is a shipping broker and has outstanding domestic shipping rates via FedEx. I ship large vintage systems for MUCH lower rates through their shipping service. Check out their website and do a mock shipment and you will see the rates are quite amazing and makes shipping these vintage systems more viable. On a system like yours I usually end up double boxing it with a thin layer of popcorn between boxes. Good luck to you and finding a new home for it.
    Last edited by liqmat; November 25th, 2019 at 08:01 AM.

Somebody's gonna get a steal; I've seen these go for more than $1000, and not usually with all those manuals.

Good luck!

Maybe if someone split it up and sold the cards. Unless you're in a large city where it's likely you'll have a local buyer, it's pretty difficult to sell complete large systems like a Cromemco. Any big stuff I've sold in recent years, aside from super desirable stuff like Altairs, has been to other hobbyists at non-eBay prices in person at VCF-type events.

Granted, size and weight discourage some folks but if someone really wants one...

Still a great deal! I'll be selling a few CS-1s myself soonish, I'll let you know how it goes