Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/70 mounting panel/support

Ian,
    I have taken a look at my 11/45 in its H960 rack, I assume you are refering to the folded sheet metal "Top hat" section panel behind the circuit board, secured with long standoffs etc. this panel , is only a 16swg folded panel which is then bolted to the front of the large cpu frame. , if this is what you are refering to? and need any sizes or photos just pm me. I can try and help.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    Ian,
    I have taken a look at my 11/45 in its H960 rack, I assume you are refering to the folded sheet metal "Top hat" section panel behind the circuit board, secured with long standoffs etc. this panel , is only a 16swg folded panel which is then bolted to the front of the large cpu frame. , if this is what you are refering to? and need any sizes or photos just pm me. I can try and help.

Harry
    Seems they would need something else since they are trying to attach to the H960 rack and not the CPU cabinet. But this might make it look more "proper" once installed.

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    Ian,

Harry
    Harry: That is indeed what I am looking for the sizes of. I can work out height and width (total) but I need some clues about the "upstand" (sticky out bit) at the bottom (circa 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" I think) and the upstand at the top (perhaps 1/2"). I will fit that panel to a BA cabinet in a standard dec rack. Otherwise the ply/mdf and alum channel would seem another way to fly. I dont mind BTUs or KW/h or mm or chains and furlongs. Any measurement units will do.

Why do I want the sizes? I would like the panels to match up with the RL02s and /or the RK05s - not to be recessed, not to stick out tooooo much.
    Appreciated.

Harry: Thanks for the sketch. For anyone else ploughing this route of mounting a front-panel I attach the sketch of the 11/45 back plate. I assume it is the same plate as the 11/70. I will report later today it it is not the same

1145.jpg
    and/or
    Screenshot.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iainmaoileoin View Post
    I have an 11/70 front panel - but not the complete computer ;-(

The panel has been beagleboned with Jorg Hoppes kit.

The unit has been in a portable/luggable case for a while. I now want to fit it into a DEC rack. I have BA-11 cabs and bits and pieces, but I cant find in the engineering manuals anything that describes the detail of the metal plate that goes between the panel and the cabinet. I have looked at dozens of web photos but just cant get the detail that I want. The best I have found is Appendix A (page 299) of EK-11070-MM-002 (May79) but it does not show enough details.

Sure, i can knock something up, but it would be better to make something closer to the original - rather than bits of string and chewing gum.

Does anybody know where there is a decent photo/tech drawing of the mounting plate? I assume it is similar to the /45s etc.
    Thanks in advance
    What you want/need/are looking for is the metal sub-frame on which the pcb (and the silkscreen as well as the bezel) is mounted. This sub-frame is then mounted on a BA11-F frame (the large frame).
    This sub-frame can indeed be mounted on a BA11-K box, provided you will drill 4 holes in the box in order to mount the sub-frame onto it.

I also have Joergs BBB kit, see the picture (it wil also show you the sub-frame, directly behind the bezel).SAM_3899k.jpg

(I have been away a few weeks off this forum, else I would have reacted earlier).

Default Thanks everyone

Thanks for all the comments. Plate folded, drilled up and works great.