Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer will not boot with 2 hard drives attached and hard drive size issue 98se

I seem to have figured it out. Even though fdisk was saying it was about 20gb, I went through and installed Windows anyway and it seemed to work perfectly with 98 recognizing the drives as 160 and 80gb respectively. I have to reinstall windows though. I had copied the files off the old drive onto the d drive and it seemed to be using those file to boot or something? So D was my main drive but there were some system files on C? I just decided to wipe it and start over, putting the system files on C after it's formatted

All good now! Looks like I had to make sure both drives were formatted first before the computer would boot up with both attached. What I did was unplug the D drive, install 98 on C, then unplug C and start installing 98 on D, but only to the point where it formatted the drive. Then I quit the installation, plugged both in and it's working perfectly now. Never ran into that issue before but I'm glad it's fixed. Also, the fdisk issue seems to have no effect on the drives. It just appears to be a glitch when it comes to fdisk displaying the sizes.