Image Map Image Map

Thread: Soundtronix soundcard questions.

Blog Entries

Default Soundtronix soundcard questions.

Hi got a PCB and most IC's from a Russian seller including some ICs for self soldering, when i purchased it i was assuming it was the MUS1099 board.

Later when i got it asked here in the forum and found out that it was not, asked the seller and seems this is his own design, that is quite cool look more complex than the MUS1099 at least have (more stuff).

After some work build it and got all the components locally i have very limited parts offerings from small stores so sorry for the giant caps hot glued there but that is the only voltage could find, the stereo pot is big and old. And the ugliest part are the 10 micro henrys coils they are from the 70s or something look like moth pupa :P.

Now i was specify by the seller to do the fix resistor thingy in the back i don't have a BOM so the cap voltages where a shot in the dark i just used the ones i have.

This is the board (self build):

I don't know what the red dip switches are for i have to ask the seller.

What kind of software can by use for the gameblaster test ?, theres a vgmplayer or music player test ?.

Blog Entries

If it claims to be Creative Music System (CMS) or Game Blaster compatible, why not try the actual CMS software? ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/drivers/Creative/CT1300/
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link, will test when the sountronix designer reply me what the red dip switches do i suppose they should be to choose the memory address but without any documentation is a shot in the dark,

Blog Entries

Ok, the best info i got from the guy that i believe signed the card ?.
    Is : "Hi, I don’t remember, but I’m sure that this is a port, from left to right, in a big way."

So they are 6 dip switches on/off how can i tell what address I'm setting up the card ?.
    Theres a way to "detect" in what address is a device configured or maybe looking at the pcb ?,

Blog Entries

Maybe this person can help, since they found and fixed an error with the board? If they understand that much, maybe they understand the addressing of the DIP switches.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Blog Entries

he is the guy that i asked the question, and don't seem to know.