Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AT&T PC6300 non-POST

Quote Originally Posted by clh333 View Post
    I do not have a machine set up at the moment that can run Dunfield's ImageDisk or Chuck's Teledisk and then transfer the image to this computer, or one like it, that is connected to the Internet and therefore capable of FTP.
    You mean you don't have a tweener?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

I have imaged the two disks shown above using the Jim Drew Super Card Pro and a Panasonic JU455 drive which, to my knowledge, is within spec. They have been FTP-sent to the Incoming folder you cited. The .SCP image files are raw files with a header indicating the type and format of the image. I have used HxC's software to retrieve them in the past.
    Using HxC's software, I was able to convert them to ImageDisk and verify correctness, at least to the naked eye -- all attempts to extract the files using HxC's GUI failed; it wrote garbage files. But the converted images look good, and I can confirm that the 1.04a disk is indeed an updated Mouse driver for the AT&T 6300 mouse based on the READ.ME file, so thanks very much for dumping these!

I've put the images, including the converted ImageDisk images, here: ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/drivers/ATT/6300/Mouse/

You'd think there would be an easy command-line way to ingest an SCP or other stream-format file and extract the files (with preserved timestamps) by now. I'm surprised this isn't working in 2019.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Blog Entries

One of the reasons that I write my own tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    You mean you don't have a tweener?
    Did have until it died earlier this year: Was an ASUS board that came from an HP Pavilion of a certain age; had a P-II and combination of ISA and PCI slots. RIP.

-CH-

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Using HxC's software, I was able to convert them to ImageDisk and verify correctness, at least to the naked eye -- all attempts to extract the files using HxC's GUI failed; it wrote garbage files. But the converted images look good, and I can confirm that the 1.04a disk is indeed an updated Mouse driver for the AT&T 6300 mouse based on the READ.ME file, so thanks very much for dumping these!

I've put the images, including the converted ImageDisk images, here: ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/drivers/ATT/6300/Mouse/

You'd think there would be an easy command-line way to ingest an SCP or other stream-format file and extract the files (with preserved timestamps) by now. I'm surprised this isn't working in 2019.
    I'll fix this. I can zip the files and get them over to you; I will have to dig out the necessary hardware from storage and set it up.

The SCP writes a stream of flux transfers, like the Kryoflux. But like any copy its accuracy depends on the drive you use to generate the stream. Usually you can recreate the floppy you copied from the image, but the copy may not work in any other drive.

There used to be this SYDEX program called TELEDISK, but the guy who wrote it sold the proprietary rights to some spooks who swallowed it whole.

-CH-

There used to be this SYDEX program called TELEDISK, but the guy who wrote it sold the proprietary rights to some spooks who swallowed it whole.
    Chuck(G) = SYDEX.

There are many versions of Teledisk around everywhere. I have versions 2.11, 2.12, 2.15 and 2.16 and maybe some others as well.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

I'll fix this. I can zip the files and get them over to you; I will have to dig out the necessary hardware from storage and set it up.
    No, I don't think it's necessary -- the IMD conversions appear just fine. I was just miffed the HxC software GUI claimed to be able to extract files when that feature doesn't work (it makes files, but they're all a single repeating character).
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Chuck(G) = SYDEX.

There are many versions of Teledisk around everywhere. I have versions 2.11, 2.12, 2.15 and 2.16 and maybe some others as well.
    Yup. Sold the program to a security outfit. Made a nice little pile of cash. Last version, IIRC, was 2.21.
    FWIW, that was 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Chuck(G); December 6th, 2019 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    No, I don't think it's necessary -- the IMD conversions appear just fine. I was just miffed the HxC software GUI claimed to be able to extract files when that feature doesn't work (it makes files, but they're all a single repeating character).
    I have wondered at times if WinImage could handle conversions. Jim drew says he is working on a modification to the SCP to allow it to act as a floppy controller; says the hardware is capable of it now but software is still under development.

-CH-

Since you have the *.SCP files, you could use the GreaseWeazle to write a floppy.

Keir has just released Ver 0.7 for the STM32F103C8T6 "BLUE PILL".

https://github.com/keirf/Greaseweazle/wiki

Larry