Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New project - the ROMulator, successor to the PETvet (RAM/ROM replacement plus debug)

Blog Entries

I did try to run the script on a Raspberry Pi for fun, but ran into problems
    Smooth sailing. But I've been using linux for years. He doesn't have much documentation for custom configs up yet, but I did get it running on a couple of arcade boards (Night Driver and Atari Football). I've ordered some different pin headers to try from aliexpress, to see if I can get a better socket fit without hurting the sockets.

I don't see a debug client in the github yet, but hopefully it's coming.
    I've emailed bitfixer a few times about this project, as I'm excited that it could be used as a fluke 9010 alternative for 6502 systems.

Later,
    dabone

Quote Originally Posted by dabone View Post
    as I'm excited that it could be used as a fluke 9010 alternative for 6502 systems.
    Wow, that's a thought. Do you think it's possible with some sophisticated code and perhaps inserting wait states, that it could function as a basic In-Circuit Emulator for the 6502?

Blog Entries

As for ICE, not a clue, I'm not a programmer.
    (Yes, I have a github, but that's more like I bash code with a hammer until it works for me. )

And another thought is different carrier boards for z80 and 8080 cpus.
    I'm guessing the carriers would have to be different because of the different vss/vcc pins.