Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IBM EGA Card Memory Expansion Boards

Default IBM EGA Card Memory Expansion Boards

Hi all. One of the projects I have been working on lately is recreating the PCB for the IBM EGA memory expansion board (part number 6480099). I'm going to have board made either way to expand my own system, but I was wondering if there was a need out there and I should get extras? They seem to be hard to find. You'd have to source your own components to solder on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by ab0tj View Post
    Hi all. One of the projects I have been working on lately is recreating the PCB for the IBM EGA memory expansion board (part number 6480099). I'm going to have board made either way to expand my own system, but I was wondering if there was a need out there and I should get extras? They seem to be hard to find. You'd have to source your own components to solder on the board.
    man you and I have a lot of overlapping interests, I'd probably want one or at least the file to get my own if you release it

Great Heirophant had expressed interest as well

Quote Originally Posted by maxtherabbit View Post
    man you and I have a lot of overlapping interests, I'd probably want one or at least the file to get my own if you release it

Great Heirophant had expressed interest as well
    Apparently we do. Luckily enough this one isn't difficult since the schematics are already available. I just had to transcribe it into KiCad
    I am definitely willing to share the design files when they're done. Economy of scale helps the costs when ordering PCBs so if others are interested it's nice to make one big order.

Saw one of these go cheap on eBay recently: https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-MEMORY-...4/264537735855
    Once upon a time, the internet sucked because it came through the phone. Now the phone sucks because it comes through the internet.

By the way, if someone has one of these and could provide some measurements (namely overall dimensions, spacing and diameter of the holes, standoff length) that would be helpful. Otherwise I'll figure it out when my EGA card shows up

By the way, if someone has one of these and could provide some measurements (namely overall dimensions, spacing and diameter of the holes, standoff length) that would be helpful. Otherwise I'll figure it out when my EGA card shows up
    See [here].

Hole diameter is 4 mm.

Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post
    See [here].

Hole diameter is 4 mm.
    Awesome, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post
    See [here].

Hole diameter is 4 mm.
    The standoffs look exactly like this - is the hole in the expansion slightly larger than the one in the EGA card?

The standoffs look exactly like this ...
    I receive a HTTP 404 error for that link.

... is the hole in the expansion slightly larger than the one in the EGA card?
    I will get back to you on that; I have a few things to do now.