Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calculating the number of loops for 1 ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    If you're working on a 286 or better,
    I'm working on a P4-i5 but the target machine for all of my projects mentioned on this forum is an 8088/8086 equipped computer. These mainly will be IBM-PC/XT compatible computers but one of my targets is also the Commodore CBM-II series equipped with the 8088 card. Although its sounds incompatible as hell, Michał Pleban is able to run MS-DOS 3.3 on it. TP5.5 ran fine as well. TP7 has a problem but he was on its way sorting it out.
    With kind regards / met vriendelijke groet, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud View Post
    And that's how I know they use the count down method. That's why I decided to use it as well.
    Just because Borland/Anders did something doesn't mean it was the best way to do it For example, that count-down method you initially picked has proven to be the biggest complaint about Turbo Pascal in its entire history.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

The main reason I used the count down loop is that I'm a lazy person and this method was easier to implement. That TP used it just backed up that decision. Because of this run time error I added DX to the loop. Problem solved I thought. But your argument about interrupts that can lengthen the countdown is so valid that there is no doubt from my site: the routine will be replaced. Sometimes quick and dirty doesn't pay off
    With kind regards / met vriendelijke groet, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org