Image Map Image Map

Thread: KC341-B help understanding the circuit diagram please - MPS - KC7341 too

Default KC341-B help understanding the circuit diagram please - MPS - KC7341 too

I am starting to look at putting one of Jorgs boards behind my KC341-B (some manuals call it a KC7341 AKA MPS). This is a long-term project and I am just in the initial stages - understanding the diagram and planning the wiring. I have not applied power to the board yet. I am that early in the day.

Here are my problem - based on http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/mps...41_EngDrwg.pdf
    1. power.
      power.jpg
      Why is the 15v shown connected to the 5v rail? What am I misunderstanding? The resistor divider I understand (They use a lot of 3V signals on the board). They seem to use 3v rather than lots of pullups from the 5v rail for signals that are always tied high. I have not yet avo-ed the board, so I cant comment if the wee diagram is reality *it cant be* or not.
    2. Use. Has anybody on the forum any experience of these units? I dont have a M7341 to play with, so I can only go on what the manual says.

Any input appreciated..

That circle/square symbol is likely a testpoint on the board which is mis-labeled (either on the board or the schematic or both).

CRW

The scanner didn't pick up much of the horizontal part of the "+" for the +5 power supply input.
    Member of the Rhode Island Computer Museum
    http://www.ricomputermuseum.org

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by m_thompson View Post
    The scanner didn't pick up much of the horizontal part of the "+" for the +5 power supply input.
    Indeed, the top of the first board shows +5 and -15v supplies... no +15...
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

Default of course

Quote Originally Posted by Bitly View Post
    That circle/square symbol is likely a testpoint on the board which is mis-labeled (either on the board or the schematic or both).

CRW
    Ta. That makes sense. The board is encased at present and I have not opened it up. Still on the "will do I this next" phase. I think it is a christmas project.

Quote Originally Posted by g4ugm View Post
    Indeed, the top of the first board shows +5 and -15v supplies... no +15...
    The external case is stamped with +5, -15 and ground. But I had not considered the scan! I was just happy to find the document and not to have to reverse engineer the board