Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is something you regret doing?

Default What is something you regret doing?

Mine was trashing a pristine iMac G3 because I couldn't be bothered trying to replace the dead hard drive. I'm still mad at myself about that.

I regret selling my PET-2001 to a friend for peanuts years and years back. It still works to this day too. haha

Blog Entries

Giving my original 8008 based computer to goodwill. It took three years to wire wrap. I did pull many of the ic's.
    Spread the joy of Vintage Addiction

-->www.chronworks.com/<--->www.i8008.net/<--

Blog Entries

My life is full of regrets. Maybe not accepting free stuff offered to me, like a VAX 11/730 or a 1957 T-bird.

Dunno, it's just stuff.

Not saving the floppy drives from all those PS/2 56 and 57s I dumped. Well over a decade ago, but ... Arrrrgh!!!

This:

Puters24.JPGPuters23.JPGPuters26.JPGPuters25.JPG

This was all dumped on one day in 2003 which was even before there was general recycling here and six years before I found this forum.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Getting rid of my old teletype years ago.

I gave away a complete DEC 3000/700 and an HP a4033a 20" Trinitron, and the guy I gave it to tossed it just a little later. I didn't care at the time, but now both are pretty rare to show up for sale, even overpriced on ebay.

Blog Entries

In the early 2000's I had a collection of 80's gear, including a working ICL 8086 based system that run Concurrent CP/M.
    I believed people when they told me it was worthless junk, and during a move I agreed it could all go to the landfill.

Blog Entries

Early 2000's all that stuff was junk, today it is a different story.

I regret tossing most of my DOS game boxes to save space 20 years ago (kept the disks and manuals).

With hindsight I am sure most of us would have snagged a lot more junk back in the day that is worth money today.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems