Image Map Image Map

Thread: Looking For Dell Dimension XPS T500 Factory Specs

Default Looking For Dell Dimension XPS T500 Factory Specs

Hello again,

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, I wasn't sure of it was off-topic. I am looking for the specification on a Dell Dimension XPS T500. I would like to "de-build" the one I've recently acquired to it's original loadout. Unfortunately though, I can't find anything specific floating around the web. This unit was release pre-2000's and all I can find anymore are several heavily modified towers, and a vague wikipedia article.

Thanks!

Have you tried entering the service tag of this system at https://support.dell.com ? I've had good luck getting the as-shipped configuration of Dell systems that way but it only goes back so far. An XPS T500 might be too old to get anything useful.
    Last edited by kgober; December 4th, 2019 at 08:38 AM.

If the Dell support doesn't give you what you are looking for then try the following two options: 1) Look on eBay for XPS T500 and/or 2) A good source for old websites is The Wayback Machine: https://archive.org/web/web.php

Try around the year 2000-2001 for a stored Dell website that has what you are looking for. Don't forget that you could configure the system with lots of options back then since they custom stuffed the computer with what you ordered.
    Crazy old guy with a basement full of Pentium 1 laptops and parts

Mine was pretty original before I started upgrading it. It came with a TNT2 Ultra, an Aureal Vortex 2 (Turtle Beach Montego 2), and an IBM Deskstar 13GB HDD. But as mentioned, these machines were highly configurable on order. What else do you need to know?