Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nero Burning ROM for PowerPC macs on early OS X

Default Nero Burning ROM for PowerPC macs on early OS X

I used to have a copy of Nero years ago which ran on Power PC Macs. I am pretty sure I ran it on OS X 10.3 or 10.4. Id like to track it down again and find more information on it but all web searches seem to turn of spammer junk or "alternatives to NERO".

I know this was NERO; the same Software suite I have Run on PC's all these years. I remember being amazed it existed all those years ago. Anyone have any information or what year/version it may have been? I have been restoring a badly smashed Imac g3 600Mhz and Nero would be a great addition.

Thanks,
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    I used to have a copy of Nero years ago which ran on Power PC Macs. I am pretty sure I ran it on OS X 10.3 or 10.4. Id like to track it down again and find more information on it but all web searches seem to turn of spammer junk or "alternatives to NERO".

I know this was NERO; the same Software suite I have Run on PC's all these years. I remember being amazed it existed all those years ago. Anyone have any information or what year/version it may have been? I have been restoring a badly smashed Imac g3 600Mhz and Nero would be a great addition.

Thanks,
    Mick
    I can't seem to find a reference to Apple Mac support in the Wayback Machine. Do you remember the Version approximately?

See here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20010330...n/Download.htm

Its pretty foggy. I want to say version 4 or 5.

I have version 5.x but it's for PCs.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    Its pretty foggy. I want to say version 4 or 5.
    Have you tried the Apple Store or support? It may have been a bespoke distribution.

Blog Entries

In the version 4 era of Nero (99/00) all I can remember was Adaptec/Roxio Toast which was the mac equivalent. Even the wikipedia page for NBR doesn't indicate there was ever a port for anything other than Linux.
    = Excellent space heater

Thanks guys, I could be wrong about the version. I know it was on OS X. Between Apple II and OS X there is a huge area of unfamiliarity with me. I remember there being just the one version and no updates after that. Seems they wiped that slate clean and all proof of it. My hard drive with all my MAC backups died a few months ago and that would have been the only place I had a copy. Shame.

Did they make this Toast program in the power PC OS X days?

Definitely in the Power PC OS 9 days, I think I remember using it on early OS X as well.

Macintosh Repository has NeroMAX v1.5.8. It's also by Ahead software, so probably what you're thinking of?

https://www.macintoshrepository.org/2357-neromax-1-5-8