Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your first Atari, and last?

Default Your first Atari, and last?

Hi
    Just to share info about Your Atari story.
    You are welcome to write about it there.

Thank You for reading and answering

My first: 520ST
    My last: all of them still there (all models up to TT, Falcon, Stacy, STBook)

My first computer of any kind was an Atari 800, bought in 1982. I have since collected all of the US released 8bit models. A 400, 600 and 800XL, 1200XL, 65 and 130XE, and lastly the XEGS as well as almost all the Atari brand and third party disk drives for the 8bit line (still looking for an Astra drive). I have an Atari Super Pong, Touch Me handheld, 2600, 5200 four port, and 7800 game consoles. I also have a 520ST ( original configuration), and two 1040STfs, plus the rather rare SC1435 14" color monitor for the ST.

Let's see, Atari 800xl, upgrade to 256K (my own design) and Omnimon XL. Picked up 2 800 all before getting my first ST. Didn't really like the ST but learned a lot with it. Now I also have a 600XL and an extra 800xl. Of course I started collecting a lot of other stuff. Still have the all the A8s including my first 800xl. I still have the drives, the documents, the software (very odd, the disks work)

Thanks for sharing, it's interesting to read.

If we're limited to the computer line, I'd say Atari 400 in the late 80's/early 90's, probably 89/90. I bought it second hand from a pawn shop along with a dozen or so carts, and that's all I ever did with it was play games.

Since then though I've had a couple Atari 1040STs. Currently I've got an 800XL with 256K RAM. I've also got an Atari 7800 which is my current plaything.

At the risk of having everyone agree, I'd say my last Atari was an Amiga 1200.

Principality of Xeon the Great State of Central New Jerky

I disagree. Amigas are very different.

My first Atari, what I initially learned basic on in 9th grade, a 400. My next Atari was a dishevelled 1040stf I found in someone's trash. Never did anything with it, it wound up being discarded. I've since procurred a 1040stf, a 520stfm, a french 520stfm mobo, nos or reworked by Atari, 2 sm124s, an sc1224, and a rro30motherboard that's been through the ringer, I had the intention of rebuilding.

Oh how could I forget. My own personal first Atari was a Lynx.

Quote Originally Posted by Towmater View Post
    At the risk of having everyone agree, I'd say my last Atari was an Amiga 1200.
    I saw in my life the Amiga in Atari case... Also probably Amiga was designed/eng. by at least one, who designed/eng. Atari.

LOL, yes I'd agree with that!

For those not aware, the chip designers of the Atari chips went on to create the Amiga chips. At the same time they switched the Commodore Management team to Atari (well almost at the same time).