Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tandy 1000 model 25-1002 info needed

Default Tandy 1000 model 25-1002 info needed

Can any tell me more about this model number? I can't seem to find any information on it.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Can you post some pictures?

Mike

Attached Images Attached Images

Isn't that is "the" Tandy 1000? Not the 1000A, but the original first one. And a fairly low serial number, too.
    -- Lee
    If you get super-bored, try Muh Crappy YouTube Channel
    Looking to Buy/Trade For: Mac IIci hard drive bracket and one bottom rubber foot, Hercules-compatible card + monochrome monitor (preferably IBM 5151), Multisync VGA CRTs
    May Be Interested In Acquiring: 040 or 601 card for Mac IIci, Decent NuBus video card, Commodore PC(286+), PC-era Tandy stuff, Aesthetic Old Serial Terminals

Blog Entries

The Tandy 1000 had a number of 25-1000. The 1000HD had a number of 25-1001. The 1000A had a number of 25-1000A. Most of the other 25-100x numbers were for add-ons like the memory card. 25-1002 is not listed in any catalog I have found. Probably needs to be opened and checked just to make sure it isn't just a special code for a Tandy 1000 with a second floppy drive installed.

It's up for sale right now on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tandy-1000-...MAAOSwihtd8mpA

I wanted to know more about it before making a bid, but I think at this point I am going to pass.

This might be a wild guess, but I wonder if this was a custom RS store-only system used for ordering/inventory etc.. The outside expansion slot looks to be a modem.
    It's possible that someone decided to get rid of excess non-A machines by using them for internal business operations. That would account for the low serial number and lack of published part number.
    Back in the day before we had a multi-user POS system, we used Model 4s for order entry. But that was Canada, and not that many stores (compare to the US).

The seller is in a suburb of Fort Worth, Texas, so it could've been used at Tandy headquarters.

I decided to bid on the this Tandy 1000 after all and won the auction for $102.50 plus shipping. Once I get the computer, I will report back on what I find after opening it up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jasa1063 View Post
    I decided to bid on the this Tandy 1000 after all and won the auction for $102.50 plus shipping. Once I get the computer, I will report back on what I find after opening it up.
    Nice buy. When you open it up, I'd be interested to know how the floppy's are powered.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting