Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zenith Z-171 schematics

Default Zenith Z-171 schematics

...have been found and are available as scans! In fact the entire Tech reference manual was found, but it is many pages.

PDF is too large for the forum @3+MB. If there is a good place to store this so it can be accessible please make a suggestion. Thanks

I store my scanned docs and disk images on mediafire.

You can choose to share your files with a link you can publish to say........ here!

It's free too with a reasonable limit on total storage. Of course going over that limit will require a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Twospruces View Post
    If there is a good place to store this so it can be accessible please make a suggestion. Thanks
    I store my docs and disk images files on mediafire.

You can share files and folders to the public with a link you can publish to places like ...... here!

It's free with a reasonable limit on total storage. After that you will be charged a fee.

Please put them onto any cloud service so I can add them into my extensive collection. on amaus.net mirror is amaus.org

Unfortunately I am travelling for a few weeks, but place a link here and I'll immediately grab them for future placing onto the website.

Due to being constantly overloaded by *****oles who are trying to continuously download the entire website, access to anything now requires frequent refresh at your browser end.
    However eventually it will go somewhere like this

https://amaus.org/static/S100/HeathZenith/schematic/

So again, place them on a cloud service and give me the URL here and I will download for immortalisation on the website.

regards mb.

PDF is too large for the forum @3+MB. If there is a good place to store this so it can be accessible please make a suggestion. Thanks

Mediafire is quite popular, but I hope more people start putting old documentation like this on archive.org. Make an account and you can upload for free, people can download for free, and their business model doesn't rely on trying to convince people to upgrade to premium. Also, other mediafire-type sites have been popular in the past and then gone down or they've deleted the file after a period of inactivity. Archive.org will probably be around for a long time, and when it disappears, its data will live on via mirroring for --- I'm guessing here --- roughly the rest of humanity's existence.
    Last edited by hackerb9; December 26th, 2019 at 02:12 AM. Reason: link not auto detected

Quote Originally Posted by hackerb9 View Post
    Archive.org will probably be around for a long time, and when it disappears, its data will live on via mirroring for --- I'm guessing here --- roughly the rest of humanity's existence.
    Please tell me WHERE ANYONE mirrors ALL of archive.org other than the barely sustainable Internet Archive?

it is currently 60 PETA bytes and Brewster has no interest in anyone else mirroring his precious

Also, they actually DON'T promise to preserve everything that you sent them.
    They HAVE and will continue to loose files.

Hi Al,

You clearly have more experience than I do. I've never had anything deleted from archive.org. What was it you lost and did they explain why (like a DMCA claim)?

When I say that archive.org will live on in the future as mirrors, I am not saying we have an exact duplicate now. But, 60 petabytes? Were you around when Simtel was a massive archive, probably over a thousand megabytes? It was crazy huge at the time, but laughable now. There is no reason to think that petabyte storage isn't coming to mainstream computers.

As for the chair of the board not wanting archive.org mirrored, my impression was it has grown beyond the whims of one person. I could be wrong, but I've never seen anything on archive.org that says to not mirror it. I hit it regularly with wget to download stuff I want and have never been throttled, much less blocked. If archive.org had such a bizarre "it's okay for me to copy you, but not you to copy me" mentality, then why would so many libraries and foundations partner with them?

Of course, please correct me if I'm wrong, but even if I am, archive.org still seems worthwhile. It has proven more stable than megaupload-type sites and it has archives that are indexed and discoverable.

I do think amaus.org would be even better, as the website will then get indexed by Google and eventually backed up by Alexa and Archive.org. However, twospruces cannot upload the file directly there, so we're back to why not just use archive.org for the upload?

...have been found and are available as scans! In fact the entire Tech reference manual was found, but it is many pages.
    Update.. the schematics (only) have been posted at minuszero, and I think that's a great solution!

The entire manual was not scanned.
    Last edited by Twospruces; December 27th, 2019 at 07:28 AM.