Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amscope Microscope on Ebay

Default Amscope Microscope on Ebay

Not sure if this is a scam or a mistake or something else:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AmScope-7X-...IAAOSwVYNd9zG4

Only $19.99 with free shipping. I contacted the seller and asked what the deal was and he/she replied with:

New message from: hendia_84 (78Blue Star)

Hello, this is original and brand new. The price is real. We can't tell you the business secrets. We only use China's postal service. The cheap mode of transportation has no tracking number, but you can get it within 20-30 days. Thank you

hendiaozq2066
    邮箱:hendiaozq2066@163.com
    Signature is customized by Netease Mail Master
    在2019年12月22日 14:34,eBay - macjax 写道:

I figured i'm covered by eBay's buyer protection so I purchased 2.

Blog Entries

Let us know if you get any--but have a look at the sole feedback for the auction.

Something about 'If something seems to be too good to be true..."

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Let us know if you get any--but have a look at the sole feedback for the auction.

Something about 'If something seems to be too good to be true..."
    I said the exact same thing last night while I was debating on pulling the trigger to purchase. I did purchase a couple today and will be sure to let you know what happens. I am assuming I will be asking eBay for a return, lol.

Blog Entries

Hmmm, I posted an edit, but apparently it didn't take.

My guess is that if you get anything, it'll be the 56 LED ringlight. Not a bad deal, but certainly not a microscope. See the feedback, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    ....Something about 'If something seems to be too good to be true..."
    Yep, There seem's to be a lot of that on ebah lately, Chinese sellers offering expensive gear for little money, About 2 months ago i ordered a USB scope for 12, I must have had a brain fart, A few days after, i noticed the seller had gotten a load of negatives and was banned, I put in a claim and got my money back.

Look in the "Similar sponsored items" and there is a listing for the same item at $519.99. I believe you're going to get a refund for your $19.99.

The most recent feedback is "a fraudster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster_in_Jax View Post
    Look in the "Similar sponsored items" and there is a listing for the same item at $519.99. I believe you're going to get a refund for your $19.99.

The most recent feedback is "a fraudster!!!
    Just seen that. Unfortunately, that posted after I purchased. Oh well, I guess i'll wait and see.

He does have a decent feedback rating. Been an eBay member for about a year and looked like they were legit at one point unless they are all fake buyers. The previous items they were selling wasn't cheap either. Some men's swimsuits for HDK $1,395.00 which is about $179 USD so there has to be eBay fees to pay.

Look at the most recent feedback for that seller - buyer purchased this exact same scope and left negative feedback, "a fraudster!!!"

... and all the previous feedbacks were for boxer shorts.

I guess they setup this "sale", get a bunch of purchases and then close the account that is used for payment before all the refunds can be processed. Then eBay is out the money because they refund it to you.