Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: televideo 386 system where to find information about it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    The board is a bit strange using 8KB (2764) PROMs for the BIOS when the rest of the 386 world was using 32KB (27256) and larger PROMs. I've got a no-chipset 386 board here (may have been made by Everex) that uses an AMI (I think) BIOS; I can dump it and you can try it out on your system.

Absent that, someone once posted a list of "keystrokes to get into the BIOS setup" some time ago. It helped me on a 486 board that I use; the POST signon gives no indication of what to use.
    thank chuck for the offer, will try to get on the bios using key combos first and if this don't work i may need to ask you for the dump to try to replace the bios.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet9922 View Post
    Tested a standard at keyboard and is detected fine i can press F1 but then it will try to read from the 5.25 floppy drive.
    I have to install a 5.25 in another pc and make a boot disk to test if i can start from a floppy.
    And if you can boot from a DOS floppy, I think that it would be worthwhile to see if GSETUP (from [here]) can successfully configure the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Absent that, someone once posted a list of "keystrokes to get into the BIOS setup" some time ago.
    I think that was me. I have just been through my lists, and I do not see 'TeleVideo' anywhere.

Blog Entries

So you just try them all, I guess...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post
    And if you can boot from a DOS floppy, I think that it would be worthwhile to see if GSETUP (from [here]) can successfully configure the machine.
    That tool have done the trick now y setup the bios and is happy no more F1 error also it remember the settings "at least until i turn the power off" i have to rebuild the battery for the bios.

Now that i can configure 640kbase + 1024m
    lucky the floppy drives seem to be hard coded by the controller card 1.2 mega A: and 1.44 B:
    Inserted my xt-ide + CF and booted dos perfectly fine even can start windows.

Blog Entries

Now i have how to configure the bios and set the correct amount of memory i can use the computer fine at this point i only have the 32 bit 2 meg board that is probably part of this computer from factory.

Almost there i have another question, the computer when i got it have 2 memory boards inserted.
    Using only this memory board i got the computer working fine.
    The original 2 megs card (i get 640base+1024exp) from it is some kind of 32bit card and the televideo will not do anything if is not inserted:

The computer have an ATRAMBAN REV 7 on it
    Also when i got the system this card was inserted on it, when i turn on the computer i got "protected memory error 07" and only the first 640k will show in the post (screenshot at the start of the thread). Removing this ram board will fix this error. picture of the atram board:

Now is possible that this board worked in the computer at the some time and that is compatible ?, or maybe some dropped in there see it don't work and just left it there ?.
    If i can get another 2 megs from it could be super cool but really don't know anything about this kind of memory i am only familiar using onboard simms on dos computers.

Blog Entries

The trick is to program the DIP switches on the second card to use the addresses above 2MB. TH99 may have some information on this card or a similar one.

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

This xomputer is a continuance of their early Personal Mini and PM/286 I believe it was called. The 80186 version as I understand was not even natively DOS compatible. The 286 and 386 versions probably are, judging by the 640k ram division, although they're intended to run a networkinf OS. The Personal Mini ran something called infoshare, which was a tailored very early version of Netware. Later models I have no specific knowledge of.

The PM/286 had similarities to their Telecat, which was a AT compatible, but it's supplied option video card was super cga. Maybe start researching that model. It may lead to some clues.

Nice PC! You should be able to run the AT-Rambank in it with correct jumper configuration.

You should also care about the hard disk and see what software is on it. Does it spin up? You can also do some testing with Speedstore (sstore), but be careful to not delete the data.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tipc View Post
    This xomputer is a continuance of their early Personal Mini and PM/286 I believe it was called. The 80186 version as I understand was not even natively DOS compatible. The 286 and 386 versions probably are, judging by the 640k ram division, although they're intended to run a networkinf OS. The Personal Mini ran something called infoshare, which was a tailored very early version of Netware. Later models I have no specific knowledge of.

The PM/286 had similarities to their Telecat, which was a AT compatible, but it's supplied option video card was super cga. Maybe start researching that model. It may lead to some clues.
    I always think that televideo only done dumb terminals in the past but seems they where in other stuff to.
    This computer don't have onboard video and the vga that have probably was an upgrade done later is a single chip 8 bit paradise.