Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: misc DEC parts and boards - Retirement Funding Project

Default FS: misc DEC parts and boards - Retirement Funding Project

[I hope this type of post is OK. I read the Forum Rules, and it doesn't discuss For Sale postings. I see that there is a Marketplace forum, but it is generalized for all VCF forums. If this is NOT OK, I will ask a moderator to delete it.]

This month I am starting my RFP (Retirement Funding Project) .
    I have started listing things on ePay. I would like to offer stuff to this group exclusively, but I have to be honest that getting a higher price is important to me at this time.

Two items listed today (my name is "clanradio"):
    Item ID: 233453519098 , a pair of DCJ11 chips.
    Item ID: 233453508313 , a set of 26 various bus interface chips.

Items that are "in the queue" at the moment:
    KDJ11-A M8192-YB board. Correctly single-steps code in a 16-bit LSI-11 BP.
    DRV11 (two available)
    DRV11-J
    MSV11-E, passed a simple memory test.
    MSV11-D, passed a simple memory test.
    DLV11-J (three available)
    KDF11 M8186.
    BDV11 M8012.
    RLV11 (M8013 and M8014).
    MSV11 (two sets of 4 boards each, all FAILED a simple memory test).

Not yet in the queue, but will be:
    PDP-11/24 CPU and memory boards.
    uVAX-I CPU boards. I may have the appropriate memory also.
    Misc. uVAX boards and parts, such as RQDX3, memory, etc.
    4 X 4 Qbus backplane.
    PDP-8 "straight-8" Flip-Chip modules, several dozen, part of a FS spares kit.
    PDP-11/23 front panel, including the entire 5" high X 19" wide cabinet panel.

I am open to suggestion about which of these should be listed first - let me know if you care!

Thanks,
    Pete

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saipan59 View Post
    I have started listing things on ePay. I would like to offer stuff to this group exclusively, but I have to be honest that getting a higher price is important to me at this time.

I am open to suggestion about which of these should be listed first - let me know if you care!

Thanks,
    Pete
    Personally I don't really care where you list things, for me, saving from scrap can be more important that a few gripes....

As for getting the best price, well EBay will only deliver the best price if you have two people who want the same unique item and are prepared to bid for it, or if you list something with a high starting price and one person is prepared to pay that price.

I can't see that been the case with anything listed above. Taking the KDF11 board as an example. There are many listed on E-bay at present at "Buy-It-Now" prices ranging from $50 for one with no MMU or FPU to over $600 for one with both. Of course that's just a shop window, what are they actually selling for. Well ticking the "sold items box" and then un-ticking the "completed items box" which e-bay now automatically ticks as well, so you only see actually sold items, what do we see, well zilch, absolutely nothing, zero. So no one has sold a KDF11 board in the last six months on E-Bay.

But actually that's not true. Looking at the cheapest, which is I think this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151264640002

I can see it says "4 available 2 sold" and you click on the "2" and you get this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151264640002

which says

User ID Buy It Now Price Quantity Date of Purchase
    t***z ( 526Feedback score is 500 to 999) US $50.00 1 Oct-30-18 02:07:48 PDT
    n***e ( 134Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $40.00 1 Aug-19-16 20:39:52 PDT

so actually the guy has had these boards on E-bay since before August 2016, he sold one for $40 in 2016, and one for $50 in October last year. I haven't checked all your boards but nothing in there shoults out as rare, interesting or valuable. So sadly I think actually shifting the inventory rather than maximising the profit may be the challenge you face.....
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

Was thinking of throwing together another Qbus system and can use a M8043 DLV-11 communications board, also need to locate a M8029 RX-02 controller. Have a spare drive, cards and was thinking I have a rack with a 386 DOS workstation, Win XP system and just for fun would like to have a RT-11 system in the same rack. Long term goal is to have a network connection from the XP workstation to the RT-11 system to try to push files back and forth.
    I would be willing to pay $20 plus shipping but have no idea what you’re asking but that’s half what they are going for on EBay and I am cheap, but it would go into a working system and not on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Qbus View Post
    Was thinking of throwing together another Qbus system and can use a M8043 DLV-11 communications board, . . .
    I would be willing to pay $20 plus shipping . . .
    I will do a DLV in the next lot, with a starting bid of $20.

Pete

Blog Entries

"No international shipping"

Quote Originally Posted by 1944GPW View Post
    "No international shipping"
    Sorry about that. International means: finding (or buying) different packaging (can't use the USPS 1-rate boxes), making and printing a Customs form, and standing in line at the Post Office.

Pete

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saipan59 View Post
    Sorry about that. International means: finding (or buying) different packaging (can't use the USPS 1-rate boxes), making and printing a Customs form, and standing in line at the Post Office.

Pete
    You can ship international online via USPS, basically the same way you do priority mail.
    Same packaging even. Done it before to Australia, Germany, Austria.
    Then just drop the package off at the PO, like priority mail. No waiting in line needed.
    Entails filling out the contents for customs in the online form but that is not very hard.
    It is expensive, tho, so items need to be $100++ to be cost effective.

Don

Whatever you do, be careful to describe the items with unambiguous terms. Gone are the days of "electronics" or "parts". I lost $100 in shipping on 3 outgoing international packages that U.S. Customs returned to me because they didn't like "electronics". I shipped that way for years with no trouble until a couple of months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by alank2 View Post
    Whatever you do, be careful to describe the items with unambiguous terms. Gone are the days of "electronics" or "parts". I lost $100 in shipping on 3 outgoing international packages that U.S. Customs returned to me because they didn't like "electronics". I shipped that way for years with no trouble until a couple of months ago.
    Thanks for the comments folks.
    Yes, I've shipped many times to Japan, and occasionally elsewhere. The Customs form is a PITA, because EACH item must be described, including the weight and value for EACH item. I know those things can be fudged, but I'm not inclined to try it for things like electronics, where it will show up as such on an X-ray. I'm currently selling some WWII flags, and those I will do international because they are just cloth, very light weight, and not breakable.

Pete

Stuff just listed:

A second batch of bus interface chips, very similar to the previous batch.
    KDJ11-A M8192-YB board. Correctly single-steps code in a 16-bit LSI-11 BP.
    DRV11
    DRV11-J
    MSV11-ED (M8045), passed a simple memory test.
    DLV11-J (two listed, one more later)

Pete