Image Map Image Map

Thread: C64 Macro Assembler Dev Sys on VICE??

Default C64 Macro Assembler Dev Sys on VICE??

All,

I have been writing many smaller Assembly Codes on my original Commodore 64 using the C64 Macro Assembler Development System (on disk in 1541). Full Editor, Assembler, Loader, Monitor ..etc for larger codes, Monitor$C000 for shorter codes.

I have just downloaded WinVICE 3.1 x64 to run on my Dell Win 10. Are there any links to the C64 Macro Assembler Development System available that I can download to VICE on my Win 10 system? I am anxious to try some of these for comparison and to continue my "C64 Journey"!

Thanks for any guidance!

AAGDOS

To be able to run MADS inside VICE you will need a disk image where you can load it from. When using a 1541 inside VICE that must be a D64 image. So use google or another program to search internet for a D64 that contains MADS.

If it is not found then the next option is to create it yourself. But I'm quite sure that if that was possible, you wouldn't have asked this question.

Next step is to ask people if they have such an image or are willing to create one for you. In the last case you must send a floppy to that person. I can help you but NL is a bit far away...

Good luck!
    With kind regards / met vriendelijke groet, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org

Default Making a copy of MADS ?

Ruud,

Thank you for the information. I will try searching as you suggest, but if not successful, or someone else posts a nice link, I may ask your indulgence to make a copy for me? I can easily send you a 5 1/4 disk with a copy of the MADS , and a second blank 5 1/4 disk formatted for my Dell Win 10 to transfer. NL is not very far away for a simple postal package! Thank you.

AAGDOS

Quote Originally Posted by AAGDOS View Post
    ..., and a second blank 5 1/4 disk formatted for my Dell Win 10 to transfer.
    I think there is a small misunderstanding. The image will be a file about 160 KB big and can be sent by email. So no blank floppy needed.

Please visit my site to obtain my personal email address.

www.baltissen.org

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud View Post
    I think there is a small misunderstanding. The image will be a file about 160 KB big and can be sent by email. So no blank floppy needed.

Please visit my site to obtain my personal email address.
    Ruud,

I did hunt via Google, and was not able to find a link for MADS to use with VICE. I can easily mail you a 5 1/4 in floppy (1541 Format) with the MADS files that I have. If you could make a ".d64" image and email it back that would be great, and much appreciated! I so want to maintain consistency with the codes and files I already have.

I have tried to send you an email but my guesses of "x" have not worked! Can you give me another clue?

Thank you very much for helping me with this!

AAGDOS

ruud
    @
    baltissen
    org

www.baltissen.org

Default Mads -> vice

Thanks to all who replied and/or viewed my posting!

Thanks to Ruud, I am now in the process of obtaining the C64 Macro Assembler Development System for installing on my VICE 3.1 Win 10 system. This will enable some very fast checking of simple issues and additional testing for many of my codes!

AAGDOS