Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to have autoexec/config sys menus on on Caldera OPENDOS 7/DRDOS

Blog Entries

I think MSDOS shares the same approach re CONFIG.SYS language and standard batch file language not being the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soviet9922 View Post
    checked dr dos manual but i don't see anything about menus for config sys maybe will be best for me to delete dr.dos and just use ms dos.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20080420...9ugch9.htm#807 shows examples of simple CONFIG.SYS menus in DR-DOS 7. Look at the SWITCH command and :LABEL.

Blog Entries

I have checked the documentation and using the help command and is correct, the switch command and :LABEL work perfectly like the documentation shows. Can choose and option fine and will only run the label in config.sys perfectly.

The issue is in autoexec.bat i don't see how to jump to a :LABEL from config.sys to another label on autoexec.bat there's nothing about that on the documentation.

Search on the web and only found that adding to autoexec.bat "IF "%config%"=="menu option config sys" then goto LABEL" when the autoexec.bat is reach it should jump to the correct LABEL that corresponds to the option choose in config.sys, but no mather how i try this don't work.
    Tested adding an echo %config% at the start of autoexec.bat but this variable seems to be empty so i suposse that is why the menu don't work.
    Start to think that is not possible to have dual menu for config.sys and autoexec.bat on dr.dos

Blog Entries

Use CONFIG.SYS SET command to set environment variables according your preferences, then use IF %environment-variable% - type statements to make your decisions in AUTOEXEC.BAT.

Easy.

Blog Entries

thanks chuck, setting an environment variable on config.sys when you pick an option and then using it on the if statements on autoexec does the trick quite easy like you say.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soviet9922 View Post
    thanks chuck, setting an environment variable on config.sys when you pick an option and then using it on the if statements on autoexec does the trick quite easy like you say.
    Can you list your latest config.sys and autoexec.bat files. I'm still not clear on what made the difference. Just curious.