Image Map Image Map

Thread: Great news update:- Building a Vacuum Tube Computer by Anders Magnusson is active

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Great news update:- Building a Vacuum Tube Computer by Anders Magnusson is active

Great news update:- the Building a Vacuum Tube Computer by Anders Magnusson is still ongoing despite the last post to his website is 23rd April 2018.

https://www.ludd.ltu.se/~ragge/vtc/

I just got an email from him saying
    "Hi David! And a happy new year!

Wow, someone looking at my web pages! Thanks!

Nothing wrong with me, but it seems that there is something wrong with the web pages - I have written more than that

I'm away for the holidays right now, but will fix it when I come back.

I haven't had much time to work on this project last 9 months, but hope that I can get more time now in the new year.

Closest up is to finish the 150V/5A PSU, using thyratrons "

I, like quite a few of my vcfed.org friends, will be keen to see this project get to be operational.
    I hope there are those here amongst my Linkedin Network that would share the same interest, as I just put same post as this on there.

I recall my days at RMIT Technical College learning about Thyratrons, and I likely still have some in my valve collection.

Do send Anders at his Ragge email (less the ( ) around the @ symbol) some encouragement.

this is one piece of from a Vacuum Tube Computer I own, shame I could not get the whole lot.

Blog Entries

Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals