Image Map Image Map

Thread: Compaq SoftPAQ/ROMPaq

Default Compaq SoftPAQ/ROMPaq

I am wondering if anyone here bothered to either mirror or backup the Compaq FTP site? I know the files are available on the HP FTP and there are mirrors available online (although very slow ones) but I am hoping someone here has a complete (or as close to complete) of an archive and would be willing to burn a DVD disc to make it easier to get started on a mirror? TIA!
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    I am hoping someone here has a complete (or as close to complete) of an archive and would be willing to burn a DVD
    the complete archive is 2.6tb

Quote Originally Posted by Al Kossow View Post
    the complete archive is 2.6tb
    Al,

Wow, I didn't realize it was that big. Most of the ones I have been interested in are pre 2010. Based on those file sizes it didn't seem too bad. Is the complete set up on archive.org or somewhere so I can at least cherry pick the ones for my particular systems (Deskpro 386, Systempro/XL, Proliant 3000)? Thanks.
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    Al,

Is the complete set up on archive.org
    I wouldn't know, the only connection I have with IA is they Hoover up everything on my site.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Kossow View Post
    I wouldn't know, the only connection I have with IA is they Hoover up everything on my site.
    Fair enough. Do you have them up on bitsavers? I found some Compaq stuff but very limited. I may have not been looking in the right place. Thanks.