Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New old stock IBM PS2 mouse sticks when moving slow.

Why are you using a Logitech drive with a non-Logitech mouse?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Super, will try. Thanks everyone for help.

Logitech is what comes up, when I use the mouse.sys driver which came with MS-DOS 6.22

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Donkey View Post
    Logitech is what comes up, when I use the mouse.sys driver which came with MS-DOS 6.22
    ?????
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

When config.sys sets: "device=c:>dos>mouse.sys", it shows a logitech driver at startup.

I haven't installed any logitech mouse driver since I got the computer. Only went from IBM DOS to MS DOS 6.22.

So I just thought that MS DOS has a somekind of Logitech standard mouse driver?

When config.sys sets: "device=c:>dos>mouse.sys", it shows a logitech driver at startup.

I haven't installed any logitech mouse driver since I got the computer. Only went from IBM DOS to MS DOS 6.22.

So I just thought that MS DOS has a somekind of Logitech standard mouse driver?
    Sorry, but I have no idea what's going on there.

Blog Entries

I expect the OP will try the MS, Logitech, and CuteMouse drivers to see which one works best for the specific system and mouse.

The MS-DOS 6.22 packing list shows no mouse drivers included. PC-DOS 6 includes MOUSE.COM but not MOUSE.SYS. Someone enhanced the DOS with Logitech drivers.

Ok. I was just searching the DOS directory for mouse.sys or mouse.com and only found the .sys. I thought it came with DOS 6.22, as I upgraded from IBM DOS to MS DOS when I got this computer couple of weeks back. Maybe this mouse.sys was a "leftover" from the old installation of IBM DOS (or whoever messed with it back in the days).

Im not in the same house as the computer, but will check it again tomorrow, when Im back there. Will try and download an IBM mouse driver, see if anything changes.

Maybe this mouse.sys was a "leftover" from the old installation of IBM DOS ...
    Nope...

Just figured out, that it has nothing to do with the mouse itself. Tried with another newer Dell mouse, and it is exactly the same. So probably something to do with the driver. Im using a DOS included driver (mouse.sys) from Logitech?

But maybe this is just the way it's supposed to be on these old PS2
    I'd suggest using the IBM MOUSE.COM then, as that's designed for the PS/2 mice.