Image Map Image Map

Thread: WTB: Paper for sprocket-fed ASR-33

Default WTB: Paper for sprocket-fed ASR-33

Hi All,

I'm looking for some rolls of paper suitable for a sprocket-fed ASR-33 (~8 1/2" wide)

Regards,
    -Tom
    Wanted: TU56, RK05, VT52/100, Altair 8800 CPU card, KD11-A, KE8E (M8340 M8341), memory for 11/40.
    Available for trade: AlphaStation DS10, DS15, Numerous PC ISA, PCI, and VLB boards and motherboards from the 5150 to P4 era, DEC Storageworks HDDs, misc DIP ICs, QBUS cards, 8080/85/86/88/Z80 CPUs, VT420, Misc radio valves (vacuum tubes), C64, Amiga 1200, Sinclair/TRS-80 spares, Mac Classic + Classic II.

I have some fanfold paper, which I'm confident won't be of any interest purely due to the expense of shipping it across the pond. But it does make me wonder whether you've considered using fan-fold paper directly, or winding fan-fold onto rolls yourself. I suspect fan-fold paper will be a lot easier to find than rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by kgober View Post
    I suspect fan-fold paper will be a lot easier to find than rolls.
    Absolutely... I've got a bunch of it.

But it's still expensive to ship it across the pond.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

Odd that it's not availble in England, but I can still order the stuff through my big-box office supply store here. I even have a nearly-full box of the stuff here.

Oh, maybe the problem is finding sprocket-feed paper that's 8.5" wide *total*. It suddenly occurs to me that all my fanfold paper is 9.5" wide (8.5", plus 0.5" on each side for the sprocket holes) which I think is too wide to fit in a Teletype 33 which was designed with 72-character lines in mind rather than 80.

Blog Entries

Oh no, you have the same problem I ran into: The dreaded tractor feed option that uses 7.5 x 11 perforated paper. Not common stuff and the platen is different enough that you can't use the continuous rolls.

I tried in 2014 to order some from Staples and was not able to get it ordered in, but sure, standard 8.5x11 perforated and wide margin green and white fanfold was still easy to get. I mentioned on the CCTALK mailing list and came up with several expensive options where it was ordered online. Ultimately I got really lucky and found a new carton at the local FreeGeek for $5. You may have to reach out to some of the smaller or more specialty office supply distributors.

It might be better to just convert it to friction feed.
    Dwight

Blog Entries

My carton was originally a Grand & Toy order and has the product 21200.

In theory you can still buy it from them, but it's not cheap.