Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Amiga cdtv 1000 not working

Default Amiga cdtv 1000 not working

Hi guys, how are you?
    Im here again for an information please....
    My friend has bought a Cdtv1000 but when he power up, he can see only green led.....the mini lcd time display doesn't works....currently does not have a video cable to try the console ...
    What could be the failure?
    Thanks!

can nobody help me please??

Well, the service manual (including the schematics) are online here https://archive.org/details/CDTV_Ser...e/n35/mode/1up.

Page 35 shows the main switch-mode power supply unit - and the associated voltages that should be there - measure with a dc voltmeter/multimeter.

+rc and -rc?

I see the 'power' switch is not a 'real' power switch, but a signal to the power supply to turn the power outputs on. I suspect +5VD should be present all the time?

The power supply for the display comes from a little oscillator formed from Q7, Q8 and T1.

The status indicator (LED?) is on page 24. I assume this means that Vcc is present (if we are both talking about the same LED.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daver2 View Post
    Well, the service manual (including the schematics) are online here https://archive.org/details/CDTV_Ser...e/n35/mode/1up.

Page 35 shows the main switch-mode power supply unit - and the associated voltages that should be there - measure with a dc voltmeter/multimeter.

+rc and -rc?

I see the 'power' switch is not a 'real' power switch, but a signal to the power supply to turn the power outputs on. I suspect +5VD should be present all the time?

The power supply for the display comes from a little oscillator formed from Q7, Q8 and T1.

The status indicator (LED?) is on page 24. I assume this means that Vcc is present (if we are both talking about the same LED.

Dave
    HI Daver2 how are you??
    Thanks for your suggests...but i don't understand what can i do measure...on cn29 there isnt' nothing on board...

I tried to measure also on T1 but i can see the point numbers on board...

I saw that clock display are powered by this 3 white connectors...it's possible check voltages here maybe?
    Thanks!
    20200202_122000.jpg

Hi.

>>> HI Daver2 how are you??

I am fine thank you. The sky hasnít fallen down now we have left the E.U.!

Yes, you can measure some of the voltages on the connectors you have identified.

With your multimeter set to AC Volts (say something like 10 Volt range), tell me what you read between connector CN14 pin 1 and CN14 pin 8. This is the heater supply for the VF display.

With your meter set to DC 40 Volts or so, you should be able to measure -30 Volts across C152 and C184.

You should also be able to read DC +5 Volts between CN15 pin 10 (positive) and CN16 pin 10 (negative).

Dave

hi.

>>> hi daver2 how are you??

I am fine thank you. The sky hasnít fallen down now we have left the e.u.!

Yes, you can measure some of the voltages on the connectors you have identified.

With your multimeter set to ac volts (say something like 10 volt range), tell me what you read between connector cn14 pin 1 and cn14 pin 8. This is the heater supply for the vf display.

With your meter set to dc 40 volts or so, you should be able to measure -30 volts across c152 and c184.

You should also be able to read dc +5 volts between cn15 pin 10 (positive) and cn16 pin 10 (negative).

Dave
    cn14 pin1=5,5 acv
    cn14 pin8=1,6 acv
    c152=-00.5v
    c184=-00.4v
    cn15 pin 10=5.13v
    cn16 pin 10= 0v

I think a few errors have crept in between us I am afraid...

Letís take this one step at a time.

With your multimeter set to read AC Volts, can you put one lead of the multimeter on CN14 pin 1 and the other lead of the multimeter on CN15 pin 8 and read the voltage between the specified pins please.

Dave

I think a few errors have crept in between us I am afraid...

Let’s take this one step at a time.

With your multimeter set to read AC Volts, can you put one lead of the multimeter on CN14 pin 1 and the other lead of the multimeter on CN15 pin 8 and read the voltage between the specified pins please.

Dave
    Ok im sorry for mistakes Daver..
    so i read this:
    CN14 PIN1 TO CN15 PIN8=0V

Looks like the inverter for the display may be non operational.

Can you measure the DC voltage across C84 (100 uF capacitor) please?

Dave