Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Why isn't there a DOS forum ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    So there are effectively three DOS forums.
    No, there are three PC forums based upon CPU up to Pentium (presumably family 5 only). Those forums seem to be more about the PC hardware, I'm saying there should be a forum specific to discussions about DOS. Also which of those 3 forums would be used for DOS as DOS can of course run on everything from the original 8088-based IBM PC to a modern AMD Ryzen or Intel Core based PC. Right now I post to General Off Topic but I think that PC DOS/MS-DOS is significant enough to merit its own forum.

I would post under vintage software, not general off topic.

Honestly, in close to 20 years we've not had a need for a PC or MS DOS forum. DOS is just so prevalent. Maybe in 20 years when the collective knowledge begins to fade ...

Quote Originally Posted by mbbrutman View Post

Honestly, in close to 20 years we've not had a need for a PC or MS DOS forum. DOS is just so prevalent. Maybe in 20 years when the collective knowledge begins to fade ...
    I feel like pcdosretro is trying to elevate the level of DOS specific software discussion here. Whether or not that necessitates a specific subforum I don't know, but I appreciate the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by pcdosretro View Post
    Also it should be obvious that's what someone whose username is "pcdosretro" is referring to.
    I've always thought your username was a Spanish surname and that P.C. were your initials

que es dos retro

si pc es dos retro!

Principality of Xeon the Great State of Central New Jerky

Which speaks to the question of why there isn't a dos forum in espanole. Bahahahahahahahaha

When I see DOS, I think of TRSDOS and all the other early TRS-80 based DOS variants before I think of MS-DOS or PC-DOS

Quote Originally Posted by mbbrutman View Post
    The vintage computer software forum is under technical support so that doesn't seem quite appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by exidyboy View Post
    I've always thought your username was a Spanish surname and that P.C. were your initials
    Logic would dictate that "pcdosretro" on a vintage computer forum refers to PC DOS.

Is there any interest in having a separate DOS forum or not ? There's a CP/M forum so why not a DOS forum ?

The vintage computer software forum is under technical support so that doesn't seem quite appropriate.

Logic would dictate that "pcdosretro" on a vintage computer forum refers to PC DOS.

Is there any interest in having a separate DOS forum or not ? There's a CP/M forum so why not a DOS forum ?
    https://www.vogons.org/viewforum.php?f=7

The question then becomes ?

Is there any interest in having a separate DOS forum or not ?
    I'd support a DOS forum but the vintage software section is not solely for technical support, despite being categorized as such