Image Map Image Map

Thread: S-100 Cards - SD Systems, Processor Technologies, MCT

Default S-100 Cards - SD Systems, Processor Technologies, MCT

Selling the following S-100 cards:

1) SD Systems - SBC-200 Z-80 CPU / ROM / serial / parallel board, VERSAFLOPPY II board & EXPANDORAM II (64Kb). All working pulls, asking $275 for the set.

2) MCT - 105510 Dual serial communications board, fitted with 1014 & 1015 USARTS. Working pull, asking $75.

3) Processor Technologies - Riser card for testing & troubleshooting. Asking $25.

4) Prototyping board, stuffed with wire-wrap sockets. Asking $30.

Large photos at: http://nerp.net/~legendre/altair/s-100_boards_for_sale/
    Man's inhumanity to man is outmatched only by his cruelty towards animals.

The SD Systems board set is nice, that's basically an entire SDOS or CP/M setup minus the disk drives and S-100 backplane. I don't need it, but if someone here gets it and wants to get CP/M up and going, I do have CP/M 2.2 generated for the SBC-200 with VersaFloppy II on 3.5" HD and 8" drives. It does require a ROM swap on the SBC.

Correction- The large chips are AY-3-1014A & AY-3-1015D UARTs (not USARTS, far as I know). Also, the darkened area below the UARTs is due to the use of under-rated Zeners & bias resistors. I've replaced these with 1W parts which should run cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    The SD Systems board set is nice, that's basically an entire SDOS or CP/M setup minus the disk drives and S-100 backplane. I don't need it, but if someone here gets it and wants to get CP/M up and going, I do have CP/M 2.2 generated for the SBC-200 with VersaFloppy II on 3.5" HD and 8" drives.
    I also have a set of (2) 8" drives available, just haven't pulled them out yet to get pics.

It does require a ROM swap on the SBC.
    I'm not sure it would. Far as I know, the previous owner was running CP/M on this hardware. My knowledge isnt deep enough to say either way, but there were 8" CP/M disks at one point. I may still have them.

Quote Originally Posted by WimWalther View Post
    I'm not sure it would. Far as I know, the previous owner was running CP/M on this hardware. My knowledge isnt deep enough to say either way, but there were 8" CP/M disks at one point. I may still have them.
    My CP/M build requires a ROM swap, there are almost certainly builds out there that don't. I have SD Systems CP/M Plus (CP/M 3) on 8" that I haven't gotten working yet; presumably, that boots with the SD Systems ROMs.