Image Map Image Map

Thread: Xerox AT&T Olivetti Monitor

Default Xerox AT&T Olivetti Monitor

Hi
    Still Looking for a working Xerox monitor or similar AT&T/ Olivetti.
    Or if there is any kind of adaptor to use a regular monochrome monitor.
    Thanks

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

There is an NEC lcd that is purported to work. It's on ebay right now for 25$ shipped, but without a base. Reply if you want the link.

Are we talking about the monitor included with the AT&T 6300/Oviletti M24? According to this post the output from that machine is directly compatible with VGA 640x480 monitors. (A link to a PDF of the necessary pinout is in the "PS".)
    My Retro-computing YouTube Channel (updates... eventually?): Paleozoic PCs

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

Whereas some vga monitors may work, it's hot and miss. The 6300 puts out 640 x 400 x 16 digital. Vga takes analog color information. There's a bit of spurious info about the 6300/M24?/6040 floating around.
    Ideally in place of the actual intended monitors, you'll want an early multiscanner. Or certain Taxan monitors. I also think Tandy 2000 and NEC APC III monitors are directly compatible. But best of luck finding any of them. Very difficult.

Blog Entries

I was going to bid on this https://www.ebay.com/itm/293447156522?ul_noapp=true but if you're in more need than I am, you should bid. You're also close enough you might be able to drive over to pick it up if you have a free day (would eliminate shipping damage).
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    I was going to bid on this https://www.ebay.com/itm/293447156522?ul_noapp=true but if you're in more need than I am, you should bid. You're also close enough you might be able to drive over to pick it up if you have a free day (would eliminate shipping damage).
    FYI that guy is also selling the AT&T PC6300 system unit and keyboard in separate auctions.

Blog Entries

Yes, however, based on the monitor test, the display board's ram is going bad in the 6300.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by tipc View Post
    There's a bit of spurious info about the 6300/M24?/6040 floating around.
    I stand corrected. I'm pretty sure I'd seen that nugget about being able to directly wire a VGA monitor on this very forum a few times but it's apparently wrong, or at least, not as easy as advertised. If it were just analog vs digital you could construct an ad-hoc DAC out of some resistors to (mostly) fix the problem, but if it does run at that 25-ish kHz frequency instead of 31khz most VGA monitors would indeed still sneer at it.
    My Retro-computing YouTube Channel (updates... eventually?): Paleozoic PCs

Hi Trixter,
    Thanks for finding that auction. Looks like the one I would need but I am not in a hurry for one, so you can bid. If you don't, let me know.
    Also I may have a working Sanyo MBC-775
    Last edited by solarpv; January 29th, 2020 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tipc View Post
    There is an NEC lcd that is purported to work. It's on ebay right now for 25$ shipped, but without a base. Reply if you want the link.
    Hi,
    Yes please post the link