Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Packard Bell Legend 610 won't post

Quote Originally Posted by TH2002 View Post
    Exactly which Oak card is that, the OTI037C?
    OTI067. and the OAK card works in my IBM AT. the card is not designed for XT systems or something like that.

It turns out it was a Power supply issue. I got my hands on a real AT power supply and the onboard video (and oak ISA card) both work.

I know that the corsair supply doesn't have -5v but its possible it didn't have -12v ? not sure. either way a True AT PSU was the fix for the onboard video.

The Packard bell original power switch was a soft power switch with very gauge small wires. so i had to make some modifications for the AT hard power switch but it fit pretty good. would never even know!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdonut666 View Post
    I know that the corsair supply doesn't have -5v but its possible it didn't have -12v ?
    All ATX supplies have -12V - but only old (or special) ones have -5V. But I don't think you would need either negative supply, for the system to boot. Unless the motherboard has a PSU monitor circuit of some kind...

Quote Originally Posted by mcs_5 View Post
    All ATX supplies have -12V - but only old (or special) ones have -5V. But I don't think you would need either negative supply, for the system to boot. Unless the motherboard has a PSU monitor circuit of some kind...
    It's weird. The system would boot just fine with an ATI ISA VGA card with the modern ATX PSU, but the onboard oak VGA and the ISA vga wouldn't display anything on screen.

so it has to be some requirement of the Oak VGA.