Image Map Image Map

Thread: C64 VICE : Guidebook for Keys?

Default C64 VICE : Guidebook for Keys?

I am running many of my small Assembly Language codes on the VICE Emulator 3.1 on my PC Win 10. However, I have not (readily) found a guide or "help list" for some of the original C64 keys. Does anyone know of a good link to find them? For example....

CTRL
    RUN/STOP
    CLR/HOME

When running under Monitor$C000, I can emulate the CLR/HOME key by assembling simple code at $0380 and running it first with .G 0380,..

.A 0380 LDA #$93
    .A 0382 JSR $FFD2
    .A 0385 BRK

but it would be nice to just clear the screen first with some key strokes. Any thoughts?

Thank you,
    AAGDOS

Default Use Keyboard Mapping Files

All,

I found the "manual" for the C64 VICE, and the Keyboard Mapping Files are included in the description. I can use some "trial and error" to find these, and hopefully resolve my problem!

-------------------------------
    There is, however, one problem with symbolic mapping: some keys really need to be mapped specially regardless (those that do not exist on a PC keyboard). Some examples are the Commodore key, RUN/STOP, Clear/Home. The exact mapping depends on your host layout, but should be easy to find out by try and error If in doubt, you can read the keyboard mapping files.
    --------------------------------

I will try this approach. after I find the mapping files!

AAGDOS

Default Most Keys Found!

All,

Through "trial and error" I have found most of the keys i was looking for....in C64 VICE 3.1 on a Dell Win 10, these keys work from an eMachine keyboard...

ALT - R .... Reset
    HOME .... Home
    CAPS LOCK .....Run/Stop
    CTRL - HOME .....Clear/Home

I hope this helps others!!

AAGDOS