Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video output out of range

Blog Entries

The very first PCI slots in Pentium 60s were very tempermental -- sometimes you had to put the card in a specific slot, and sometimes specific cards simply wouldn't work no matter what. Since your P60 has ISA slots, I would ensure the system is working fine with an ISA VGA card first before you keep trying different PCI cards.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Maybe this problem is similar to NTSC and PAL/SECAM conflicts. Some video drivers of the time can be picky about which monitors are plugged into them. Maybe try finding a Viewsonic or NEC monitor to test it with. Otherwise, maybe get an old plug-and-play PCI or ISA video card, preferably S3 or another VESA video card and then try it again.

Well guys, great news

I decided to take Trickster’s advice and go for an ISA video card

I purchased a Western Digital WD90C00-JK ISA video card off of eBay and tried it with the BrokSonic TV... It worked!

Anyway, just wanted to thank you guys for your help and advice

Blog Entries

Glad your system is working.

Now that you know the system itself is OK, you can start trying various PCI cards in various slots to see if you can find a good combination. PCI video cards are much faster than ISA cards, so it's worth it to try to find one that works for you.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)