Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, I saved this pII heavy rare notebook. And I got this erros. Please help.

Default Hello, I saved this pII heavy rare notebook. And I got this erros. Please help.

Hello,
    I just saved this rare Pentium II 266 laptop, and can't boot from all devices, it tells me this error messages.

20200209_184010.jpg

This is setup utility
    20200209_190627.jpg

It's a Notebook computer model 8900m!!

I think that floppy drive is well tested while system boots, it's a mechanical drive like the one in Macintosh classic.. and cd rom drive is working, HDD replaces with a 4g IBM one, and nothing.
    Last edited by ielber; February 9th, 2020 at 09:13 AM.

Blog Entries

First silly question. Have you tried getting into the BIOS setup (SCU)? (ctrl alt S).
    Second silly question. Is the CMOS battery any good?

thank you, yes I entred to system bios and the cmos battery is good,

this is the system bios

20200209_190627 (1).jpg
    Last edited by ielber; February 9th, 2020 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ielber View Post
    this is the system bios
    Attachment 59047
    This attachment is invalid.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    This attachment is invalid.
    thank you, the attachment now is ok

the system bios is like this one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxlHY0Qw6MY

Blog Entries

You set it up and it still says that your floppy drive isn't installed?

Does it access the floppy during boot? Is there perhaps a setting to enable/disable the floppy controller in one of the other menus? For example, on many BIOS setups, the choice of floppy drive and enabling the floppy controller are two entirely separate and independent choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    You set it up and it still says that your floppy drive isn't installed?

Does it access the floppy during boot? Is there perhaps a setting to enable/disable the floppy controller in one of the other menus? For example, on many BIOS setups, the choice of floppy drive and enabling the floppy controller are two entirely separate and independent choices.
    yes the floppy drive is enabled on bios, and it's initialized during boot, I can hear it.

Blog Entries

So how does one explain the first message "No bootable floppy drive 0 installed."

Perhaps the laptop is saying that your floppy drive select jumper should be set to DS0 instead of DS1? Laptops don't always follow desktop conventions.

So how does one explain the first message "No bootable floppy drive 0 installed."

Perhaps the laptop is saying that your floppy drive select jumper should be set to DS0 instead of DS1? Laptops don't always follow desktop conventions.
    20200209_204209.jpg

20200209_204142.jpg

And when pressing F1 I got this message

20200209_204537.jpg