Image Map Image Map

Thread: Ceramic White 6502 Date Code 0277,judging interest, and removal/testing advice please

Blog Entries

Default Ceramic White 6502 Date Code 0277,judging interest, and removal/testing advice please

I just picked up some of my old arcade games, and in my night driver parts board I was lucky enough to find a white 6502 date code of 0277..

For my arcade collecting, I don't need a ceramic white CPU, as my working board has a standard package dating from 78, in black.

This board isn't operational, so I can't test the CPU in it, but what about removing the entire socket, and then testing it in my pet or vic20?

Would the price difference be worth it? They have been going for over 800 on ebay. (2 Sold in the last 3 months)

Here's a link to the gallery of pics.

https://imgur.com/gallery/9bTM83H

Thanks,
    later,
    dabone

The are desirable to people who are recreating Apple 1 computers via replica. Seeing the pictures, the tape kills the value, unfortunately. The white ceramic is for functionality but mainly for show. The ceramic is likely stained and if you can get the tape off, the CPU writing will likely come off.

I tried to test an early 6502 in an early PET and didn't get good results. I am not sure if it should work as the early ones have the ROR bug and I don't know if they should work or not normally in a PET.

Blog Entries

This one is after the ror bug, those stopped mid 76.

And I saw your Pm, and I'll keep it in mind.

Blog Entries

Well I went ahead and listed it on ebay, and it sold for $800. Tape and all.

So if you are sitting on white 6502s, there seems to be a market currently.

Later,
    dabone