Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: ISA SCSI adapter for 8-bit, bootable

Default WTB: ISA SCSI adapter for 8-bit, bootable

Hi,

I'm looking for a bootable 8-bit SCSI controller.

If you've got one, please let me know your offer via PM.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for a bootable 8-bit SCSI controller.

If you've got one, please let me know your offer via PM.

Thanks!
    What I've used in the past is a Tekram 315 8-bit SCSI controller. There are 2 version that I know of and I have both. One has a BIOS chip and is able to boot if the the jumper is selected. The other is software controlled. Check-out Ebay as there are some available at reasonable prices

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...m+315&_sacat=0
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

Probably looking for a bootable PC/XT 8-bit ISA bus SCSI controller, not a PCI bus 8-bit (narrow) SCSI bus controller?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gslick View Post
    Probably looking for a bootable PC/XT 8-bit ISA bus SCSI controller, not a PCI bus 8-bit (narrow) SCSI bus controller?
    Looks like it comes both ways; i.e. ISA & PCI. I have 2 Tecram ISA SCSI 315's; one with and one without the BIOS. So, you need to be care when shopping.

Blog Entries

I looked all over the web and couldn't find any 8-bit ISA Tekram controllers. Found some 16 bit ISA ones, though.

I think the OP may be interested in something like a Seagate ST-01 or Trantor 128.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    I looked all over the web and couldn't find any 8-bit ISA Tekram controllers. Found some 16 bit ISA ones, though.

I think the OP may be interested in something like a Seagate ST-01 or Trantor 128.
    Yep, that's correct - I can't believe I have somehow missed ISA in the title. It seems I have no way of editing the thread title though

Yep thanks, that's right, I forgot to specify it in the thread title. I got a mod to edit the title for me. (Thanks mods!)

Blog Entries

My bad as I have both. The 8-bit ISA Trantor 128 resided in my 1000SX up until the XT-IDE came into being. However, concerning the 2 Trantor's that I have, one has the BIOS chip and the other doesn't. Looks like I muddied the puddle somewhat. Also, it appears that the Trantor may be a vanishing species.

Blog Entries

Are both Trantors the 128 model?

Blog Entries

Are both Trantors the 128 model?
    Both of the Trantors are 8-bit SCSI. One has an onboard BOS and the other does not. I'll have to pull them down from the loft for further inspection.