Image Map Image Map

Thread: Selling Tandy 1000HX with memory expansion card

Cool Selling Tandy 1000HX with memory expansion card

I was looking up info about the Tandy 1000 HX that I recently found locally and noticed several threads for people looking for the memory card.

Iím selling a great condition Tandy Hx with the card on eBay, same username

The card looks brand new, there was almost no dust when I took off the top cover

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...g&toolid=11111

Very nice! Those seem to go for very good money... I've seen them fetch $350 with the RAM card.

Quote Originally Posted by rittwage View Post
    Very nice! Those seem to go for very good money... I've seen them fetch $350 with the RAM card.
    Initially I picked it up because I thought it just looked badass. If it was bigger I would have wanted the case for my new build. I love the sleeper/ old school cases. I was also thinking about gutting an oscilloscope and making that haha

I didnít know it was worth anything until reddit/eBay. Selling it to fuel my new build

Here are the pictures of me checking it out. It had surprisingly little dust lol I keep saying it to people but I honestly thought it was gonna be the typical never cleaned super dusty pc

https://imgur.com/a/XYVbFdg?s=sms

Well, I for one, am very happy that it was too small. It would have been a huge shame to gut a perfectly working, sought after computer to turn it into some "sleeper".

Quote Originally Posted by rkrenicki View Post
    Well, I for one, am very happy that it was too small. It would have been a huge shame to gut a perfectly working, sought after computer to turn it into some "sleeper".
    I can understand doing that if the guts don't work, but I hate it when people ruin a perfectly good vintage machine.
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1000 RSX, Tandy 1100FD, Tandy 64K CoCo 2, Commodore VIC-20, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.