Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Many Rolm Computers for sale.

I'm interested in any Rolm that is a Mil-Spec Eclipse S-130 - would that be the 1666-C?
    thnx,

Quote Originally Posted by firedome View Post
    I'm interested in any Rolm that is a Mil-Spec Eclipse S-130 - would that be the 1666-C?
    thnx,
    The 1666B converts to a Eclipse changing the prom and FPU C card, which I have.
    You still interested? Sorry was dealing with family matters for some time now.

The 1666B will convert to MSE/14
    Sitll interested?

I am still interested, what you got and where are you located? shipping on those systems can be a big issue. The biggest problem thees days is somehow if you look on EBay people think those systems are worth what they sold for new.

Quote Originally Posted by Qbus View Post
    I am still interested, what you got and where are you located? shipping on those systems can be a big issue. The biggest problem thees days is somehow if you look on EBay people think those systems are worth what they sold for new.
    Iím located in Elkton Md,
    what would you offer me for it?
    Would come with a SCSI disk and 4mm dat subsystem loaded with RDOS
    and IDMS diagnostics and extra power supply.
    Let me know,
    thollowell@designdata.com

What version of a Data General Eclipse would your Rolms be equivalent to? with or without the mods mentioned.
    The S/130 is very different from S/140 and other DG Eclipse models, I'm interested specifically in Eclipse S/130 related only.
    Please advise and thanks.
    Roger in NY

Quote Originally Posted by firedome View Post
    What version of a Data General Eclipse would your Rolms be equivalent to? with or without the mods mentioned.
    The S/130 is very different from S/140 and other DG Eclipse models, I'm interested specifically in Eclipse S/130 related only.
    Please advise and thanks.
    Roger in NY
    Runs AOS when converted performance
    More like S140 Rolm called it a MSE/14.

Also have a Nova3 if anyone is interested.

Cool, you are just up the road from me a couple hours. The university I work for has remote learning sites up at Cecil Community and Elkton Station so end up traveling up that way several times a year. Also have a huge Military Vehicle Swap Meet over at Ripken Stadium once a year that I go to except it was canceled due to the whole Covid mess.
    Would assume or at least been told that the 1666 was built to be backwards compatible with the 1602 and that runs the same software and has the same address extensions as the civilian NOVA, and that the NOVA 3 and 4 would run the same code and are all 16-bit systems at the end of the day.
    For a while Government Liquidators was selling off 1666 systems that were selling in the $300 to $600 range but have not seen any for sale for a while now and with you having external disk and tape drive and going to assume that you also have the cables that adds a huge value to the pile.
    Think I paid around $400 for my 1602 and have at least that much more in buying the paper tape drive and all the connectors to build up the cables. The 16F35P connectors cost about $40 each on eBay when you can find them.
    So to the right person its worth a lot, but you got to find that person and like a lot of us today we don’t have a lot of spare cash laying around. Also, will let you know that the last Data General three or four that I had think I ended up selling it for $100.00 but it had no accessories or documentation with it.
    Best I can do right now would be like a trade for a DEC PDP-11 system or something like That.

Quote Originally Posted by welltone View Post
    Also have a Nova3 if anyone is interested.
    I'd likely be interested, though it depends on how much you want for it, and what sort of peripherals it has on it.
    I'm quite a bit farther away than QBus, though (Indiana) so it should probably go to him if he wants it.
    Current favorites: IBM 5160 (EGA+Hercules+PGC, 8 floppy drives, XT-IDE), DCC D-116 (Nova 1200 clone), ASR 33 Teletype (now FULLY armed and operational! Mostly.)
    Wishlist: IBM 5161 (expansion chassis), Diablo 31/RK02/RK05 or equivalent, Data General equipment, and the meaning of life.