Image Map Image Map

Thread: SGI o2 Analog A/V Board: videostatus=av_error

Default SGI o2 Analog A/V Board: videostatus=av_error

So, I'm grappling a bit with some issues concerning my o2's newly bought A/V board: I've configured it properly with SETENV -P, but the system itself can't seem to initialize the board properly from the PROM. Anyone have any pointers? I've asked at the two major IRIX boards floating around the web, but as of yet nobody's gotten back to me there so I feel like fanning my search for things to try out a bit can't hurt.
    General Failure Reading Drive C -
    Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Blog Entries

The A/V module in the O2 should "just work" in Irix and not require any additional environmental variables.

Now that being said, you might have an Audio-only module someone popped the caps off the video ports. IT looks ALMOST identical but lacks the O2 Camera port on the back and a plastic cover masks the unused composite and S-video ports.

Edited: Wait, from the PROM? The system can't make any use of the module until Irix has booted.
    [Need something to waste time on? Click here to visit my YouTube channel CelGenStudios]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [No time for videos? Click here to visit my Twitter feed @CelGenStudios]

= Excellent space heater

From what I was reading, if all four inputs were provided and the board actually was the analog board videostatus would have reported inited. That was what I was referring to - my bad. Speaking of... It appears I've been smeckledorfed. This actually IS another audio board.

Last edited by MrArgent; February 25th, 2020 at 09:46 PM.
    Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Blog Entries

Yep. The two modules use the same board layout but the dead giveaway is the unpopulated camera connector and the missing Philips video chip.
    [Need something to waste time on? Click here to visit my YouTube channel CelGenStudios]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [No time for videos? Click here to visit my Twitter feed @CelGenStudios]

= Excellent space heater

If those chips are off the shelf, I wonder if I could "promote" one of my audio boards...?
    Abort, Retry, Ignore?