Image Map Image Map

Thread: Looking for Texas Instruments TMS320C2x DSP Starter Kit, or related parts [M-ACPA]

Question Looking for Texas Instruments TMS320C2x DSP Starter Kit, or related parts [M-ACPA]

I'm forming up for a forlorn hope dealing with the IBM M-ACPA /A.

http://ps-2.kev009.com/ohlandl/sound/ACPA.html

As we speak, a spankin' new looking M-ACPA is winging it's way to the Czech Republic. Major Tom has done some pretty interesting probulation of complexi and planar level stuff.

BUT. Though Major Tom can do [and has done!] reverse-engineering and BIOS disassembly, it is a lot easier to have documentation and the software libraries at the beginning.

I've pretty much found all of the related Application Reports, but there doesn't seem to be a lot on the I/O Connector / Expansion Bus, and the M-ACPA has a 60 pin header [unpopulated] that just begs to be stuffed. My assumption is that the Address -AND- Data busses are brought out to the External Bus, however both Address and Data Busses have 16 lines. This isn't a SCSI controller, so there probably is not a signal/ground or signal/invert relationship...

related to this, is there a complete copy of the tms320bbs anywhere?

what I found today is full of dead ftp:// links

Quote Originally Posted by Al Kossow View Post
    related to this, is there a complete copy of the tms320bbs anywhere?

what I found today is full of dead ftp:// links
    Looking for the actual files, I did find a listing, and there's a lot more files than some mirrors have..

http://kom.aau.dk/group/04gr641/file...bs320/tireadme

Blog Entries

I feel like I have that DSP evaluation kit hidden somewhere.

Dammit, I know I have it. I saw it while I was rebuilding my storage room. If it's in a box, it's going to be marked but there's a LOT to go through while it's still cold out.

Edited: Dammit, it's the TMS320C5X starter kit. Will anything out of that package work for you?
    [Need something to waste time on? Click here to visit my YouTube channel CelGenStudios]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [No time for videos? Click here to visit my Twitter feed @CelGenStudios]

= Excellent space heater

Quote Originally Posted by NeXT View Post
    TMS320C5X starter kit. Will anything out of that package work for you?
    Um, it probably supports creating c2x compatible code. Any CDs or floppies?

Blog Entries

There's two floppies in the kit. Looks to be the same software package, just in 3.5" and 5.25" format.
    [Need something to waste time on? Click here to visit my YouTube channel CelGenStudios]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [No time for videos? Click here to visit my Twitter feed @CelGenStudios]

= Excellent space heater