Image Map Image Map

Thread: PC104(?) Megatel 8088 ( NEC V40 ) Board - any info?

Default PC104(?) Megatel 8088 ( NEC V40 ) Board - any info?

Hello,

I have stumbled today on this board, I have found some information, but not many about this particular device. I belive it is PC104 board, but it's connector have 3 rows, and also it has additional two row 64 header (probably SCSI connector as i can guess from specs). Maybe someone could provide me with some technical details or pinout of this 3 row header? It would be great to test this board
    Attached Images Attached Images

Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Central New Jerky

I'm not claiming to be any sort of authority, but isn't that off for pc-104? Too big and oblong.

It is entirely groovy regardless. Sorry I can't help.

Incidentally I believe the v40 is something of a replacement for the 80186 or 80188. The v20 was a drop in for the 8088, the v30 for the 8086. My Ampro LittleBoard/PC has a v40.

PC-104 has a specific footprint for mounting the stacked PCBs. Your board doesn't have the connectors or the 4 mounting holes, so its just a single board computer with I/O connectors. SBCs with PC-104 expansion do exist, but the write up says there is an adapter card to provide the expansion footprint.

HTH,
    Tom

the 3 row looks more like the male side of a eurodin connector without the shroud

Blog Entries

Sui generis. The board is a Megatel Quark PC (Canadian outfit) single-board computer.