Image Map Image Map

Thread: Original Silent 700 nothing comes out on paper

Blog Entries

Default Original Silent 700 nothing comes out on paper

I have one of the original Silent 700 machines (with the grey keyboard). Seems to power up fine, head moves.. everything works.. but nothing on paper. Is it a safe bet the thermal head on this is toast? It did some with what appears to be thermal paper but it looks old and is light brown in colour.

Blog Entries

The print of the Silent 700 on thermal paper was never super-dark. What are you using for thermal paper?

Blog Entries

Not sure ... it's just what it came with - which I assume has been sitting in for... a long time. My uncle used to sell thermal fax paper and I seem to recall, many years ago, him saying something about it having a lifespan. But I'm not sure.

Man is this thing heavy though.

Blog Entries

See if you can score a roll of thermal FAX paper, like this stuff. Heaven knows my old faxes have faded to near-unreadability.

Check if the printing level is turned down. It’s located in different places depending on which TI Silent you have. Also try to use newer thermal fax paper. If that stuff is sitting around it goes bad if not stored in a very cold “Basement”