Image Map Image Map

View Poll Results: What would people like to see for the Talker/80 project?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Add speaker + amplifier to board - for cassette output sound + speak

    9 69.23%
  • Add more features - for example, PCM sound, Real Time Clock, ...

    4 30.77%
  • Make it a cartridge that plugs into a back plane extender board

    2 15.38%
  • Make it compatible with the Model 3 / Model 4

    12 92.31%
  • Make a case / enclosure for it (3D printed)

    6 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76

Thread: Talker/80 - New Voice Synthesizer in the Making

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LambdaMikel View Post
    Update - the OshPark PCBs for the Model 3 / 4 version have been fabricated, and are on the way. I should get them by Friday and will hopefully have a first version running this Sunday... fingers crossed!

    Attachment 61588
    A first version is up and running:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmwf...ature=youtu.be

    Happy 4th!

    DSC00081 (Small).jpg
    DSC00080 (Small).jpg
    Last edited by LambdaMikel; July 4th, 2020 at 02:10 PM.

  2. #52

    Default

    ... and last one for a bit - VS-100 emulation demo on the Model 3 / 4:

    https://youtu.be/CJTMGtvuIlQ

    I have ordered a small batch of PCBs, and fully assembled and kit versions should be available on Ebay in August latest.

    Until then, take care!

  3. #53

    Default

    Excellent! I look forward to purchasing one.

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphasite View Post
    Excellent! I look forward to purchasing one.
    Great! Actually, I could make one already, since I still have 2 OshPark PCBs left.
    And you wouldn't have to purchase another Epson daughter board (unless you want to of course), so it could be cheaper.

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LambdaMikel View Post
    Great! Actually, I could make one already, since I still have 2 OshPark PCBs left.
    And you wouldn't have to purchase another Epson daughter board (unless you want to of course), so it could be cheaper.
    I'd want the daughtercard so I wouldn't have to move it back and forth.

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphasite View Post
    I'd want the daughtercard so I wouldn't have to move it back and forth.
    Understandable, that's what I have too. OK, I'll let you know when it is ready! Until then.

  7. #57

    Default

    Apologies for this shameless self-promotion post, but I wanted to mention that the last 3 Talker/80 Model 1 Voice Synthesizers (ever) are on sale now on Ebay... they are all fitted with the little amplifier board and come with a small speaker as well as the ribbon and audio cable.

    Unless you are planning on making one yourself, this might be your last chance of getting one for the Model 1, cause I am moving on to the Model 3 / Model 4 version. Since everything is in the GitHub repo, you can in principle make one yourself, but it won't be cheaper, I can promise that

    Thanks!

    DSC00092 (Small).jpg

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LambdaMikel View Post
    Apologies for this shameless self-promotion post, but I wanted to mention that the last 3 Talker/80 Model 1 Voice Synthesizers (ever) are on sale now on Ebay... they are all fitted with the little amplifier board and come with a small speaker as well as the ribbon and audio cable.
    DSC00092 (Small).jpg
    All gone - thanks guys! Now I can focus on making the Model 3 / Model 4 versions. Soon!

  9. #59

    Default

    The first batch of 3 Talker/80 for the Model 3 & 4 has been assembled.
    Unfortunately, I am no longer getting the discount for small batch sizes for the Epson board, so I'll have to increase the prices a bit.

    From left to right:
    - Basic Talker/80 with basic speaker: 87.79 $
    - Basic Talker/80 with DELUXE speaker: 94.99 $
    - DELUXE Talker/80 with DELUXE speaker: 99.99 $

    As usual, + 15 $ for shipping. I am also no longer including the little stereo 3.5 mm patch cable; people will have to source them themselves.

    The PAM 8403 amplifier board is still fitted in all models.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    They are up on Ebay starting now!

    talker.jpg
    Last edited by LambdaMikel; July 18th, 2020 at 06:39 PM.

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LambdaMikel View Post
    The first batch of 3 Talker/80 for the Model 3 & 4 has been assembled.
    Unfortunately, I am no longer getting the discount for small batch sizes for the Epson board, so I'll have to increase the prices a bit.

    From left to right:
    - Basic Talker/80 with basic speaker: 87.79 $
    - Basic Talker/80 with DELUXE speaker: 94.99 $
    - DELUXE Talker/80 with DELUXE speaker: 99.99 $

    As usual, + 15 $ for shipping. I am also no longer including the little stereo 3.5 mm patch cable; people will have to source them themselves.

    The PAM 8403 amplifier board is still fitted in all models.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    They are up on Ebay starting now!

    talker.jpg
    Great! I grabbed the deluxe/deluxe.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •