Image Map Image Map

View Poll Results: What would people like to see for the Talker/80 project?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Add speaker + amplifier to board - for cassette output sound + speak

9 69.23%
  • Add more features - for example, PCM sound, Real Time Clock, ...

4 30.77%
  • Make it a cartridge that plugs into a back plane extender board

2 15.38%
  • Make it compatible with the Model 3 / Model 4

12 92.31%
  • Make a case / enclosure for it (3D printed)

6 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Talker/80 - New Voice Synthesizer in the Making

Quote Originally Posted by Alphasite View Post
    Great! I grabbed the deluxe/deluxe.
    Thanks so much! It'll be on its way tomorrow.

@Alphasite, how did it work out for you?

At all - there is still one available. After that, it probably doesn't make sense to make more (for Ebay), but you can always contact me if you would like to get one (-> PM).

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaMikel View Post
    @Alphasite, how did it work out for you?

At all - there is still one available. After that, it probably doesn't make sense to make more (for Ebay), but you can always contact me if you would like to get one (-> PM).
    I have not been able to try it yet, hopefully this week.

Here are 2 new "versions" - the DIY essential kits for project builders that like a little bit of a challenge!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193624866019

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193624866863

You'll have to work a bit harder for these ones, but hey, that's part of the fun and challenge, isn't it?

Just a quick shout out to Michael and his Talker/80 for the M1. The product is great and his after sale support is excellent. Given the rarity of the original RS device and the astronomical prices when one does come up (not to mention possible reliability after all these years), I never thought I would hear my M1 speak.

A product this cool deserves a neat set of clothes. Having a 14 year with a 3D printer was all that was needed.

Overall I am very impressed with the Talker/80 - a great addition to the M1 ensemble.

Cary

Talker80sm.jpg
    8-Bit Family: Epson QX-10 w/ ComFiler 10MB HD | Kaypro 2X | TRS 80 Model I | TRS 80 CoCo 1,2 & 3 | TRS 80 M4 & 4D

That's a really neat looking set of clothes, Cary and son! Very nice, great work! The silver color matches perfectly with the Model 1 I suppose - would be nice to see a picture of it with the Model 1 together.

Thanks a lot for the enthusiasm and kind words. As discussed, I'll mention your son's great case on the Talker/80 Github.

I'm interested in the M3/4 in kit form, I would actually enjoy putting it together. I see you only have M1 kits listed currently. I don't mind placing a pre-order if that helps fund you better.

Yep, my mistake, I saw and ordered after I posted!

Quote Originally Posted by johndias View Post
    Yep, my mistake, I saw and ordered after I posted!
    And for those who do not wish to assemble it themselves - there are currently assembled ones available on eBay (both M1 and MIII/4 models).