Image Map Image Map
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Computer Fun

Cool

Upgraded the 15 NEC LCD to a 19 NEC LCD. The Roland modules made it to NY from JP. So hopefully in FL soon. Waiting for a Pentium 166 to arrive from the UK. Played some more Warlords II: > turn 105 in this particular game: very repetitive after a while: somewhat of a stalemate with the AI so will need to come up with a better strategy.

Off topic: experienced overheating issued with a ZR30w today. Adding two fans to blow air into the power supply and inverter may have solved it. Will try again tomorrow. Waiting for DP cables and a W500 PSU so I can set it up as a workstation. Forgot to buy another Lenovo USB keyboard + mouse for it.

Blog Entries

It's funny how a little bit of airflow can solve problems. I've got a couple of OrangePi Zero "cubes" here. One has a small 40mm 12v fan running on 5V (super quiet) and the thing runs for days (3 months so far) with a CPU temp of 50C. The other cube without the fan reads a CPU temperature of 72C and crashes within 1 day. Same software.

Yep! This is also why I insisted on double redundancy in CRACs when data centers owner by companies themselves were still around. With UPS and generator hookups for CRACs. In case a data center goes back up after a grid failure it is no use when CRACs are down. Same with not skimping on CRAC maintenance.

Cool

After 126 turns I finally won Warlords II again. Great Roland sound track!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

Finally got the package from JP today. Both CM-300s work fine. Need to figure out how to setup the SC-88.

Question

Removed the CR2032 from the SC-88: works like a champ!

The CM-300, SC-7 and SC-88 all sound different. I notice no discernible difference with the SC-55 map button on or off on the SC-88. The SC-88 also does not display the different instruments like you would expect with a similar SC-55(MKII/ST).

Warlords II froze and then crashed a few times. Disabled a couple of things so hopefully there is enough conventional memory now. Very important to save before ending a turn. Fortunately with SMARTDRV that is very easy.

Turns out the SC-55 MAP button on the SC-88 is not GM related. To set the SC-88 to GM settings are required.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php...57148&p=630483

Need to set it every time now that there is no CR2032 installed obviously.

Cool

Won another game of Warlords II after 128 turns this time. Back to the SC-7 because it conveniently combines SB16 and MIDI to one headset.

Also plugged in a Pentium 166 but could not find the 166MHZ MOBO jumper without removing lots of cables and PCBs. But 150MH is pretty good already obviously.