Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB : NIM modules

Default WTB : NIM modules

Hey!

I'm collecting NIM modules (I know, not strictly speaking a computer item but made by same companies, and often paired with PDP-11's and the like).

Instrumentation modules for physics research like counters, analyzers, amplifiers, ADC's etc. by companies like Nuclear Data, Ortec, Canberra, Tennelec.

Anyone has something like that floating around they might be willing to part with?

Thanks for looking!

-Christoffer

Current systems: PDP11/23, ZX-spectrum, MEK-6802D5, Ampex 210 CRT terminal, ZX-spectrum
    Current projects: 8085 Altair 8800 compatible
    Looking for: DEC RX-50 drive, QBUS ROM card, intel 8288

I think I still have the old mass-spectrometer control board that came with my 11/23. I'll have a look later today.
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Moog Satellite, Oberheim SEM
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

I might, but there's no guarantee that I'll see them again before the apocalypse - though I could stumble across them tomorrow. Possibly literally. I think I know where some CAMAC modules are, though.

Quote Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post
    I think I still have the old mass-spectrometer control board that came with my 11/23. I'll have a look later today.
    Ah, no dice. I guess it went to some other collector of random oddities in the last...gosh, eight years...
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Moog Satellite, Oberheim SEM
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Ah, no dice. I guess it went to some other collector of random oddities in the last...gosh, eight years...
    Ah well, thanks for checking!

Current systems: PDP11/23, ZX-spectrum, MEK-6802D5, Ampex 210 CRT terminal, ZX-spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by roberttx View Post
    I might, but there's no guarantee that I'll see them again before the apocalypse - though I could stumble across them tomorrow. Possibly literally. I think I know where some CAMAC modules are, though.
    Yeah, everything has shut down here too, since I made this thread. It'd still be interesting to know if people have anything like that laying around though!

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer View Post
    Yeah, everything has shut down here too, since I made this thread. It'd still be interesting to know if people have anything like that laying around though!
    Oh, it's not that anything has shut down here*, it's just that I don't know where they'd be. So it's a matter of waiting until either (a) they turn up while I'm looking for something else or (b) I end up going whichever box they're in on account of having tripped over it. Wall to wall trip hazards, my shop.

* Oddly enough, I was out today picking up a dining table and chairs that were made in Denmark in the 1960s. Interestingly, the Danish word for what I believe to be "furniture" is very similar to the Mexican Spanish word for the same. Must be a common root, or something.

Well either way thanks for the effort and let me know if something interesting turns up!

Wow that is pretty strange. Møbel/muebles. Never noticed that!

--Chris

Quote Originally Posted by roberttx View Post
    Interestingly, the Danish word for what I believe to be "furniture" is very similar to the Mexican Spanish word for the same. Must be a common root, or something.
    Right you are. Amazing how many different languages have roots in Latin somewhere along the line.

Right you are. Amazing how many different languages have roots in Latin somewhere along the line.
    Along those lines, I have some minor repairs to do to the table. Got out my caliper gauge to measure the dowels and found that they're 0.5" by 2.5" - decidedly not metric. I can only speculate that the Danish furniture makers got their system of measurements from the same place that they got their word for furniture.