Image Map Image Map

Thread: PS/2 Model 70 25MHz Board

Default PS/2 Model 70 25MHz Board

I'm hoping to find a PS/2 Model 70 *25*MHz board, preferably one that works, perhaps one that's untested, but definitely not something broken. I can do PayPal, but also have a lot of IBM stuff (XT / AT / PS/2) that I can trade for it.

Quote Originally Posted by willmurray461 View Post
    I'm hoping to find a PS/2 Model 70 *25*MHz board, preferably one that works, perhaps one that's untested, but definitely not something broken. I can do PayPal, but also have a lot of IBM stuff (XT / AT / PS/2) that I can trade for it.
    The planar or the CPU card(s)? I do have a couple of planars, which I haven't got working, as I got side-tracked with a Reply Upgrade planar instead.

I was hoping to get both (to determine whether my CPU card or planar or both is broken), but hopefully the planar is all I will need. Maybe even some RAM (I still am not sure if it is a problem either). Together, my CPU card and planar don't show anything on screen and appear dead; I'm just hoping that the board is the problem and the 486 card is fine. My goal is to eventually use my 486 "power platform" in my Model 70 someday. BTW, will using a UK board in the US cause any problems (PAL video, 240v, etc.)?

BTW, will using a UK board in the US cause any problems (PAL video, 240v, etc.)?
    None of that comes into play inside the computer.

PAL, NTSC, etc., are TV formats and your video card doesn't do TV stuff.

240V is AC and the computer uses DC from its PSU.

As an aside... why would you think it's a 'UK board'?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

I was hoping to get both (to determine whether my CPU card or planar or both is broken), but hopefully the planar is all I will need. Maybe even some RAM (I still am not sure if it is a problem either). Together, my CPU card and planar don't show anything on screen and appear dead; I'm just hoping that the board is the problem and the 486 card is fine. My goal is to eventually use my 486 "power platform" in my Model 70 someday. BTW, will using a UK board in the US cause any problems (PAL video, 240v, etc.)?
    It might be cheaper and easier (since they're your side of the Pond) to get a Reply Upgrade from Lorenzo on the NG or FB Group, we even have a Sale/Trade associated FB Group which we're trying to breathe some new life into:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1074026219362290/

Ok just applied to join the group. Waiting upon approval. My FB should have the same username as my vcfed.

Well, I could swap planars again to see which is a workable alternative for you, but organising decent packaging and shipping from the U.K. wouldn't be quick or cheap, TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by WBST View Post
    ...I got side-tracked with a Reply Upgrade planar instead.
    ...get a Reply Upgrade from Lorenzo...
    Are you talking about the Reply replacement planar with the 486 BL2 @ 66 MHz, 72-pin SIMMs, and built-in IDE? I was under the impression those were pretty rare in the wild. Do someone have a cache of them?

(eg. http://www.walshcomptech.com/ohlandl...Reply_OEM.html)
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

Hi, apparently I was mistaken about additional supplies. I was under the mistaken impression that nyceonline.com had supplies, but Lorenzo sent me his sole IBM Model 70 Planar Upgrade (by Reply). I'm not sure if it has a BL2/66 or just a DX2/66, but it has 32MB RAM and requires the rf70plan.exe RefDisk not the Reply PowerBoard v3.67 one.