Image Map Image Map

Thread: Cassette Cable

Default Cassette Cable

Hi, does anybody have a cassette cable for a Tandy trs-80 model 4. I've tried to look on eBay with no avail. If anybody has a spare one that they wouldn't mind donating I would be most appreciative. Thanks!

I don't have the supplies otherwise I would I need a 5 pin dinn connector and mono cable I only have stereo cables

What is the end goal? is it to hook up speakers, cassette, cellphone cassette emulator?

if it's all of those, then yeah, buying that cable that mloewen posted would be your best option.. if it's just something like an audio cable, you can technically just wire a cable up from inside the computer. I actually just installed a mini amplifier and pc speaker inside my model 4 last night so i don't have to deal with the cable and external speakers.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/GS/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/128/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, Timex Sinclair 1000, TRS-80 Color Computer 3/Model 4 GA

5 pin DIN connectors are very easy to find, and, well, you don't *need* to use Mono phono plugs if you can't find them. Solder the two ring connectors in parallel on a stereo plug and, bang, it's effectively the same as a mono.
    My Retro-computing YouTube Channel (updates... eventually?): Paleozoic PCs