Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else getting 503s for vcfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Elvey View Post
    I get a lot of site not found errors. It is frustrating when you've type a lot of stuff and forget to first do a copy of the text before trying to post.
    If I copy it first, I can always try several times until it gets through.
    Dwight
    What about auto-save? I get a prompt to 'Restore auto-saved content' when that happens. In fact I just deleted the content of this post and had auto-save restore it for me.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Elvey View Post
    I get a lot of site not found errors. It is frustrating when you've type a lot of stuff and forget to first do a copy of the text before trying to post.
    I have the same reflex, honed over many lost masterworks, sadly.

To address the 503 errors: I noticed a lot of DNS failures this past Saturday; might have been a major provider's DNS failure?
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Blog Entries

Things seem to be working for the past few days, so maybe just a system hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Things seem to be working for the past few days, so maybe just a system hiccup.
    I did, briefly, but t'Internet is suffering huge strain with everyone being at home and bored. My 200/20 service occasionally slows to Kbps download at times, and regularly only 50Mbps.

Still on going for me in SoCal. In fact mine started in the last couple of weeks. Been only seeing them with VCFED though and no other sites....
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    Been only seeing them with VCFED though and no other sites....
    Yes, only here. Saw several of them today.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yes, only here. Saw several of them today.
    In my totally unqualified opinion, known to to carry very little weight in some quarters, I think the server needs some dusting and cleaning and assorted TLC. I would start with a reboot and maybe go from there.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

I have had a few as well in 'Blighty'...

But, all things considered, I can live with it given the current circumstances.

My wife was having problems with a different website this morning... Nothing to do with VCFED I hasten to add...

Dave

Yes, just happened to me in big letters in the centre of the screen

All of the above sporadically for several months now including recent days and only vcfed.org.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me