Image Map Image Map

Thread: Unknow ISA Video Card (Yamaha V6363)

Default Unknow ISA Video Card (Yamaha V6363)

Hi everyone,
    inside a 5150 I found a multifunction card (video + parallel + floppy controller). I've never seen it before and I don't know who the producer is. Can you give me some indication on how to configure it? What are jumpers for? Is there anyone who has a manual? Thank you very much.
    If it can help, mount the Yamaha V6363 chip.
    This is the link to the video where you can see the card: https://youtu.be/YzSpLqPagLw

Can you tell me what card is this? Thank you.

Gabriele

Hmm there are probably many people with better knowledge than I. But if You want to known my opinion...

There is a chip with "2" on it. Maybe it's just something similar to EPROM? If You can copy it, maybe it will show something in editor?

Over this chip is some text - like "Made in Taiwan R. O. C." Near C-31 is GPF-103. So maybe it is some product called "GPF-103", that was made in Taiwan? You should also do a photo of reverse size.
    Last edited by pgru2; March 29th, 2020 at 11:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Interesting card. I have never seen a CGA/HGC card combined with a floppy controller. Looking at other V6363 cards with parallel ports, the jumpers and switches should choose between MDA/Hercules mode or CGA mode or to use the composite connector* and which LPT port is used. The solo jumper near the floppy connector could possibly be to disable the floppy controller. Exactly which switch and jumper does what is something I can't be sure of. Someone with more experience than me might be able to track the traces from each switch to see what it is likely to do.

* I am guessing that is what the vertical connector next to the bracket holder is.