Image Map Image Map

Thread: Access the BIOS on F82C351 F82C355 F82C356 Abit motherboard

Default Access the BIOS on F82C351 F82C355 F82C356 Abit motherboard

I managed to come across some old systems to play around with. One is a clone with a 386 and 3 chips, F82C351 F82C355 F82C356, which i think is Abit, BIOS is AMI, I found a relevant post on this site about a similar one with a 486. It has a 1mb video card and 4m RAM. It boots but I get controller errors for hard disk and floppy. The A drive floppy is an old 5 1/4 and B is 1.44. I don't have any of the 5 1/4 floppies so I would like to get into the BIOS and set the 1.44 as A and attempt to boot from it. I've tried just about every key combination but can't figure out how to get into the BIOS. Does anyone know the trick?

Thanks

Pretty much every AMI BIOS of that period displayed a message that says press delete to enter setup during POST.
    "Will the Highways on the internets become more few?"

V'Ger XT

Delete was the first thing I tried. It does not work and there is no message indicating to press delete.

Most of my sources indicate only the delete key. The one that differs indicates, "AMI BIOS - DEL, F1 or F2"

And could it be that the particular BIOS is picky about when the key can be used.